First mix on a major album

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Wattup y'all. So as per usual, I'm tryin tgo keep the illfam in the loop with what's goin on in my career. The Fabolous album which I've been working on for the past year is finally done and hits stores June 12th. I recorded the entire album, well, every song except 1. And although I didn't get any production on it this go around, I did get a mix on it. For an engineer that's only been in the game for a little over a year, that's a HUGE look. It takes a lot of engineers 5 or 6 years to get to that point, and most NEVER get to that point.

I mixed the first song on the album called From Nothin To Somethin. So make sure on June 12th y'all go out and cop the album and support your fam!!! I assure you all, the album is definitely worth your $10. There's a lot of hot records on there!!!

And for those that haven't heard it yet, we just leaked the record Fab did with Jay-Z called Brooklyn. It also features Uncle Murda. Go check fab's myspace to take a listen. It's HARD!!!

Anyways, stay up illfam. Holla at me. PEACE

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I guess I misunderstood the part where he says he recorded the album except one song but he didn't get any production on the album. I thought he meant he worked on the album but wasn't getting any production credit.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
yo man, props for the mixing....I just checked that Brooklyn track, it was pretty dope man....I'm glad to see you doing your thing..Keep it up...we'll soon hear Fabo spittin to a Swivel Beat!.....

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Yea, Uncle Murda spits hard as nails. Anyone see that video where he disses Nas and hes filming it in Queensbridge? haha. Dope.

Congrats Swiv!

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
for real?

Word up. Kid got balls. And it wasnt like niggas had a trailer and a crew shooting it, it was just one of his boys with a camera. low budget shit right in Nas's area. Well, former area, we all know all the hardcore successful rappers move to Englewood Cliffs NJ. haha.

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
yo, I'm feelin it, u did well on the first song for your first major mix, was the producer present when u mixed it?

edit

another thing, if u recorded all the songs, u met Jay-Z right, thats my favorite artist man, I'm jealous....lol, keep doing yo thang tho man stay up

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
props swiv....i think the mixes are good fo shure, what reviews it got in america.....? unfortunately it is getting absolutely slammed in Europe, especially UK but fuck the haters!

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
The producer wasn't there when I mixed the record. Reefa produced it (One Blood by Game). I know him fairly well, so there was a certain amuont of trust. Also, Duro exec produced the album, and hes one of the top mix engineers in the game. So at the end of the day, Reefa knew it would have top be approved by Duro.

Yes I've met Jay many times. See him around the Def Jam office all the time.

as far as reviews, u can't please everyone. It's the #2 record in the country, only behind Toby Keith. That speaks louder to me than some 30-something writer.

members online