First Fab record leaked

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Wattup Illfam. I actually wanted to get everyone's opinion on the first Fab record that leaked yesterday. Called Diamonds On My Damn Chain feat. Lil Wayne. It's right at the top of the hiphopgame.com audio section.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tracks1

Take a listen and let me know what y'all think. I've been recording the entire alubm, including this joint. Just let me know what you're overall impression is, coming from Fab. I doubt this will end up being the first single.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Fab Reminds Me Of One Of A Hood Rich Nigga, He Has A Lot Of Potential But He Seems To Be Content With Where He Is. I Think Niggas Need To Get Off That Chopped And Screwed Shit, Im Not Gonna Get On That Premier Dick Suckin Shit But The Irony There Is That Premier Is From Texas So How Much Of A Stretch Would It Be To Just Cut And Scratch On A Record, Im Not Knockin Niggas For Having Influences But Take Some Texas Shit And Put A New York Twist On It. That Is New Yorks Identity, When I Hear Chopped And Screwed Shit I Think Of The Mike Jones, Paul Wall, Etc. Fabs Flow Is Gettin Redundant, He Dont Even Sound Impressed Wit Himself On This Track. The Hook Is Cool Though Shorty Has A Catchy Voice And The Melody Is Cool But They Coulda Came Harder Wit The Subject Matter, We Already Had "diamonds On My Neck"

Wayne On His Slick Rick Shit, Ive Been Impressed With Wayne As Of Lately, I Took It Down A Notch When All That Gilly Shit Surfaced And My Respect Levels For Him Probably Wont Surpass Where They Are Now Just Because Of The Ghostwriter Factor But He Sounds Like He Has Been Doin His Hip Hop Research And I Think Fab Needs To Do More Of That.

Dont Get It Twisted Im Not Hatin At All This Is Just My Honest Opinion. I Like Fab He Generates Interest But The End Result Doesnt Always Live Up To The Expectations, And Thats Why Im Not A Fan. I Hope Fab Breaks Out Soon Beacuse Hes Just Coasting Right Now And It Can Go Either Way.
Swiv Ima Hit You Up On Myspace.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Yo Swiv....it sounds very clear...well engineered.

umm...about the song though.....umm....ehhh....NAAAAAAAAH!

Can't do it yo....just another example of what "RAP" has become. But there's alot songs on this page so good looks on the link.

but good shit nonetheless...keep doin ya thang.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
very nice production.. crispy clean and very well put together for this genre.. my genre however, was coined today.. and is known to me as sci-hop. Science-related hiphop

this genre is wack though in my thought process.

by the way,, who is in the 2nd (english-accented) verse? sounds outta place for usS.crunk.. ehh i guess it's crunk evolution.. still the 2nd versed rapper should be in a different more ill production.

this is a themesong beat. the theme would be Diamonds in my Damn CHAIN?

-maybe because i am only amazed by the fact that diamonds have amazing chemical properites being derived from carbon.. and we are carbon-based life forms.. so i guess praising diamonds is a love for our own self-reflection.. what an ego-trip

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
I appreciate the feedback. I'm pretty much on the same page with all of you guys. Fab is on that page too. I love the Diamonds record, as a 1-off album cut. It's catchy etc, but too south for a respected NY artist. But def not a first single. We're actually mixing tonite for the other potential first single. Fab & Swizz, with Just Blaze on the beat. It's a monster.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Well Swivel you know I got mad love for you fam; but Diamonds In My Damn Chain?
From Fab?!! The track itself was nice. I liked the changeups and that soldier snare was well placed. It had a good sound even coming from the net. But the content is wack! I mean damn! It sounds like a slowed down version of Nelly's "Grillz". (Lyrically I mean)This to me is the kind of ish that is slowly killing Hip Hop IMO. I ain't hatin' because I like how Fab gets down. It just seems like he would have something more intelligent to offer than this. I'll have to pass on this one. I'm sure the one with Fab, Swizz, & Blaze will be better.
ONE

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
sound quality that shit is clean and clear. as for the song the beat is good but the rest of it. i like fab dont get me wrong but what the fuck

members online