File paths and Edison cuts...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Whata goodie yall. Hopefully one of the FL Studio gurus can help me out. I been using FL again and cuttin samples in Edison. Now when I attach my external HD to a new computer, I would like to relink the paths to the proper files. When I open the session, I have to reload Edison, but all the original cuts are missing. Anyone see this before and have a solution? I'm all ears...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^ tested it, doesnt work. I cant test it since i only have one machine running FL and no matter how i delete the source paths content, miraclously, it always loads again (tried from different media).

Do you add the used audio clips into the zip file ? If not, the you should give that a try.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I think the best way is to install FL Studio on the external HD (instead of your pc) and run everything from the that HD. I ran into a similar problem when I d/l'ed 9.7 beta, after everything was done and finished, I tried to open a file from the original Producers Edition 9 and I couldn't find them. I was thinking wtf, did I just overwrite all my ish? After severely panic'ing for about 20 minutes, I looked at my desktop and the old icon was still there...when I clicked on it, everything was still in place. But the 2 different versions didn't share the same files.

I've never tried installing it on my ext.HD but I can't think of any reason that it wouldn't work that way and you should be able to access all of your work on any pc.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I think the best way is to install FL Studio on the external HD (instead of your pc) and run everything from the that HD. I ran into a similar problem when I d/l'ed 9.7 beta, after everything was done and finished, I tried to open a file from the original Producers Edition 9 and I couldn't find them. I was thinking wtf, did I just overwrite all my ish? After severely panic'ing for about 20 minutes, I looked at my desktop and the old icon was still there...when I clicked on it, everything was still in place. But the 2 different versions didn't share the same files.

I've never tried installing it on my ext.HD but I can't think of any reason that it wouldn't work that way and you should be able to access all of your work on any pc.

You can't run FL from an ext. hd if used to hook up to another computer, unless they come up with a mobile version of FL. It's like those clever people wanting to save space by moving their Program Files folder to an ext. hd, then realising nothing works anymore lol.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I'm almost sure that you cant run FL from a external HDD reason being there is no OS to run it from a external HDD, however you can run third party VSTs and plugins from a external HDD.

members online