Eminem subliminally disses Lil Wayne on SNL

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
So me and wifey were watchin SNL. Musical guest was Em and lil wayne. So I read that on this one track Em is actually goin in on Wayne for the shit he said awhile back about Em not wantin to collab because he was scared to share a track wit him. lol..I know. Anyways, I'm watchin this and I if you pay attention Em disses this cat right on stage. Listen to the line about him talkin about other rappers and he blatently point to wayne when talkin about gettin wack rappers off stage. It's at the 3:03 mark. Cleverwon confirmed this for me the other night. Yall know I take my craft seriously and from my experience of being on stage, I kNOW this is a shot. Watch:

!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Em specifically said about dude,

"Does a bird chirp, Lil' Wayne slurps syrup til he burps And smokes purp, does a wordsearch, get's circles wrapped around him
like you do when I come through, I'd like you to remind yourself
Of what the fuck I can do when I'm on the mic
Oh you're the kinda girl I can take a liking to"

That was WAY more of a diss than what was said on the other song

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I know my craft. I'm telling you.

I spent the first 10years of my writing life as a battle MC. Also an Em fan, if it was a diss, 1) He wouldnt have said "why would I join'em if I beat'em". That null and voids any diss to wayne right there 2) He wouldve said I shit on lil wayne, like my quote says.

It wasnt a diss. It mightve been a slight but he hasnt dissed lil wayne really. Everyone already knows hes better

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
That song sucks.

Really?

I think the song is fucking crack....

Em's verse shits on a lot of verses...mainstream or underground.....sorry.

The beat was definitely a different Just Blaze beat, but I can appreciate what he's doing.

I don't think it's a diss...I think it's subconscious that he pointed to dude because he was facing in that direction at that point.

Stress, you may know your craft...and I don't even doubt that for one second, but a person's mannerisms differ from one person to another.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
1. diss or not, lil wayne ain't got ish for Em lyrically.
2. Em doesn't do subliminal disses, he straight out crushes!

On the other hand...Em shouldn't have even justured in lil waynes direction unless he was dissin him, I mean friends won't make a mistake like that. So I do see Stress's point.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
It may have been a grudge or dislike towards Wayne subconsciously causing him to direct his attention without thinking or hesitating. My thoughts are that he most likely didn't mean it career wise, but it may have slipped past him unknowingly from suppressed feelings.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Definatly not a diss...just wishful thinking by backpackers...you must of missed the part on the album when dude said he was gonna diss wayne just cause he was selling but was glad that he didnt cause he woulda got eaten...not that I agree but thats from the horses mouth, so...

spartan265

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
this was no diss... he pointed at him for a split sec but definitely unintentionally. when he realized (quickly) he turned away.

pingpong

ill o.g.
Definatly not a diss...just wishful thinking by backpackers...you must of missed the part on the album when dude said he was gonna diss wayne just cause he was selling but was glad that he didnt cause he woulda got eaten...not that I agree but thats from the horses mouth, so...

Which part of the album was that from?

D

Danny Kegstand

^^^ It was on "Talkin 2 Myself"

I do think that Eminem heard the things that Wayne had said (about being afraid to do a song with him)... hence the reason his verses were as good as they were on both songs they did together. I'd say it was just good motivation for him, and is the same when he's on stage... not b/c he doesn't like him or anything, he's just proving a point people already know.

members online