Eazy-E "Real Muthaphuckkin' G's" Instrumental Remake

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Genuine question for you @OGBama . When you listen to this do you feel like there are any timing issues? or any dissonance between different elements of the track? Just asking because I want to get an idea of how you feel about this track, so I can potentially help

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Rah.sool admit to timing & dissonance issues so if there is anything you can suggest to help improve I’m open as I’m not criticism averse.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Gotcha @OGBama . So there are some serious timing issues. The reason I asked you the question is because I think you may need to work on training your ear to detect timing problems. The synth is so far off that the song doesn't make sense. When I say off, I mean this barely resembles the original. So the synth, bass, drums, and every element support each other. If one, or all of them are off in timing then the melodies don't work together anymore. These are the timing issues,

The synth is way late, like maybe a whole second to late,
the bass is probably too early, like way too early,
not sure about the rest, because there is no reference,

There is some feedback for the sounds you are using as well, but that's not even worth mentioning at this point. The timing problems are just way too much.

If you are playing live, that might be the problem. You might not be ready for live midi playing yet. maybe try to program the midi instead so you can see that things are actually lined up.

And listen to the original and ask yourself, what notes are happening at the same time, between the bass, synth and drums. Make sure those are lined up in the midi

Once you get the timing issues figured out, we can start looking at the other topics

Hope this helps

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
@OGBama Use the track arrangement gridlines in your DAW of choice as a measure for fixing the timing. Usually when you go outside of the rhythm, your notes won't align properly on the arrangement grid. I think if you start there, you can begin fixing some of these timing issues.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Re: DAW @Fury Beats I use GarageBand iOS/macOS & I'll do track arrangement.

members online