Drumagog plug-in Got to C it to believe it

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Drumagog is a plug-in which automatically replaces acoustic drum tracks with
your choice of other samples. Engineers and producers worldwide use
Drumagog every day to fix and enhance their drum tracks. It's extremely easy
to use. Just insert Drumagog onto a drum track, and pick your favorite sample!
For advanced drum replacing, Drumagog is packed with powerful features for
the ultimate in control, and includes a massive 4GB drum sample library.

Features:
- Automatically replaces drum tracks with a variety of samples
- Compatible with WAV, AIF, and SDII samples and libraries
- MIDI Input and Output Capability
- Advanced Visual Triggering feature
- Sophisticated sample management
- Auto sample-rate conversion
- New triggering engine for the ultimate in accurate triggering
- Works with Pro Tools, Logic, Digital Performer, Cubase, Nuendo and more
- Comes with a massive 4GB drum sample collection including:
Rock Drums Drumagog Edition, Purrrfect Drums, Purrrfect Brushes,
NS Kit Free and Classic Drum Machines.
- Compatible with any VST, RTAS, or AU audio application
- Works directly with BFD (Platinum and BFD versions only)

Yo! This plugin will change your production life!!! This is one of the hidden jewels that the big boyz aren't talking about but using on a regular basis for layering,tweaking and totally replacing various drum samples.

Say U want a part of your drum kit to layer on top of a clap within your track or a piano hit. Fuck with this I'm telling you it's amazing. It doesn't just replace drum tracks it can replace any wave or aiff track you lay down. (vocals) what ever! You don't have to use it to replace drums with drums. You can replace a horn hit with a orchestra hit. U may not be getting the picture from the way I'm explaining it, but cop this joint and see for yourself the endless possibilities it can bring to your game.

http://www.drumagog.com/

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
weve been usin it in da studio for my mans album. shit is nice on drums to beef em up. i never thought aobut replacin horns n shit too. good idea.

yea man.....u can replace or layer any sampled sound. That's why I was like "ohhhh k". Don't forget the mix function as well. You can have your original sound playing right there with the replacement sound. This shit is definitely a beast. I'm sure it's about to be my "go to" plugin! The things you can do with it is just wide open.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
can't you just replace or layer a sound yourself without the plug-in?? i don't think i'm getting the value of the plug-in

Exactly. If you already have the sample why didn't you just use that sample in the first place? In FL Studio I can just click and drag a horn sample, drum sample from my browser and it will replace the sound.

Wait....the lightbulb just went off! This is a feature in FL Studio I've taken for granted...., if you were tracking out your beats via hardware to mix this would be a welcomed plug in.

I also see the benefits if you are using a live drummer playing out your drums.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Exactly myth. That's its main purpose but you can use it for many other things. Those who have used it know exactly what I'm talking about. If you hire a live drummer then during mixing you don't exactly like a certain kit within the drum set you can use his exact pattern and substitute the sound without having to pay or bring him back in. If you've ever mic'd a drum set you can feel my pain. When and if you get to the level of producing where you're bringing in musicians to play live this would definitely be worth getting. It can be applied to any instrument.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ldb good post man i had never really thought of using it for anything but drum samples..its kinda limited for hip hop drums imo i mean almost all of us use midi so swapping sounds is easy, but if you;re producing a record with acoustic drums or replacing samples its a nice plugin for sure.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
ldb good post man i had never really thought of using it for anything but drum samples..its kinda limited for hip hop drums imo i mean almost all of us use midi so swapping sounds is easy, but if you;re producing a record with acoustic drums or replacing samples its a nice plugin for sure.

True to a certain extent. You have to look past the obvious though.

Think about once you have everything tracked out (recorded) on your recording software of choice and want to replace a sound or layer something on top of a hat, stick, tom like a tambourine real quick. Duplicate that track and add this plugin to that track and browse to find what you want to add and "bam" it's there, hitting exactly where you want it. (and u can adjust the way what you added sounds i.e pitch, velocity several other things) with out cranking up your MPC or anything else that you used to generate that sound.

Unless you have the plugin I promise you probably really can't feel what I'm saying! Notice what the guys who have it are saying. They agree that it has potential past the obvious or what it was initially intended for.

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Some people use it when they do a remix

Something that is use after the fact.

when everything is done and someone decides to make a change

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I use it to beef up my drums. It's a hand tool when tracking! Original snare not working...replace it on the spot. Kick need another layer and some punch....done!

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
True to a certain extent. You have to look past the obvious though.

Think about once you have everything tracked out (recorded) on your recording software of choice and want to replace a sound or layer something on top of a hat, stick, tom like a tambourine real quick. Duplicate that track and add this plugin to that track and browse to find what you want to add and "bam" it's there, hitting exactly where you want it. (and u can adjust the way what you added sounds i.e pitch, velocity several other things) with out cranking up your MPC or anything else that you used to generate that sound.

Unless you have the plugin I promise you probably really can't feel what I'm saying! Notice what the guys who have it are saying. They agree that it has potential past the obvious or what it was initially intended for.

is it just useful for one-shot type sounds? i'm guessing its triggerd by the audio level. a gate of some sort. if i had a recording of a live flute, would i be able to replace it with say a trumpet and have all the notes, expression and pitch be the same?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
is it just useful for one-shot type sounds? i'm guessing its triggerd by the audio level. a gate of some sort. if i had a recording of a live flute, would i be able to replace it with say a trumpet and have all the notes, expression and pitch be the same?

Yes Merc.....every nuance would be expressed just the same with the new instrument. It actually reads the wave file off the sound or instrument that you want to replace. It even allows you to tune, transpose, mix the two sounds or instruments together. So you could have that flute and trumpet playing exactly the same mixed. Pan one a little to one side and the other opposite. The big boyz fuck with this.....that's how I got wind of it. Pro Tools has something similar called sound replacer or something like that. They do exactly the same thing. There's a couple more out there but PT's sound replacer and this joint are the best. PT's joint only works with PT though.

It was designed to replace drums but once you realize that you can load any wave file up in it you quickly see other possibilities. I've been experimenting with it and I've been able to replace, layer, mix what ever I want.

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Yes Merc.....every nuance would be expressed just the same with the new instrument. It actually reads the wave file off the sound or instrument that you want to replace. It even allows you to tune, transpose, mix the two sounds or instruments together. So you could have that flute and trumpet playing exactly the same mixed. Pan one a little to one side and the other opposite. The big boyz fuck with this.....that's how I got wind of it. Pro Tools has something similar called sound replacer or something like that. They do exactly the same thing. There's a couple more out there but PT's sound replacer and this joint are the best. PT's joint only works with PT though.

It was designed to replace drums but once you realize that you can load anyway wave file up in it you quickly see other possibilities. I've been experimenting with it and I've been able to replace, layer, mix what ever I want.

so basically it makes audio as flexible as midi. i think i'm getting it now. lol. i need to peep that out

members online