Dont Reply If U Might Offend Someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
"On our highways, on our streets, in our airports, and at our customs checkpoints, skin color once again, irrespective of class, and without distinctions based on education or economic status, skin color once again is being used as a cause for suspicion and a sufficient reason to violate people’s rights.

We all know what the statistics are, or at least most of us in this room know what the statistics are. In places like Maryland, for example, one of the few states where we’ve been able to gather systematic statistics, 17 percent of the drivers along a stretch of I-95, outside of Baltimore, are African-American. But 73 percent of those who are pulled over, stopped, and subjected to extensive, humiliating searches are African-American. Nor is this color discrimination limited to targeting African-Americans. 21 percent of all drivers along that stretch are racial minorities — African-Americans, Latinos, Asians and others. Yet 80 percent of those pulled over and subjected to searches are minorities. That degree of statistical disproportion is highly unlikely to be the product of chance. In fact, it is not the product of chance. It is the product of purpose."-ACLU

Crazy huh? What do YOU think?

Here's the link http://www.aclu.org/DrugPolicy/DrugPolicy.cfm?ID=5040&c=82

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
thats a generally known fact... i think its fucked up anyway. fuck the pigs.

sAfE.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Shit, NJ State Troopers are the worst.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
thats one of the reasons why i'm apathetic on humanity in general. The white cops doing that [nation-wide] hurt me because i was born white. I normally wouln't care what color my skin is, but with racial representation like that i'd rather be any color than white. I don't know what it is about white people but generally where i live the racial minorities are more open-minded and much more socially friendly that their white counterparts. It's not all white people obviously, i'd say maybe less than 10% [depending where you live] but it definetly feeds hate. I refuse to allow racism to affect me because i had/have/and never will play a hand of it. It's a game of fear

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
word,,,and Im white,,,lol

seriously, hate to say it, but if security is racially profilin middle eastern cats at the airport,,,I aint got no problem wit it,,sorry. I seen the towers fall with my own damn eyes.
Yea, shit why not. Even though Bush really knocked them down, i am a product of government brainwashing through media and i am fuckin scared of arabs at airports. Shit, its someone else's turn to get it anyway. First the blacks, then the hispanics, now the arabs. Lol, yesssssssssssssssssss!!! Thats right Habib, drop your pants, spread your cheeks and give me 2 good coughs.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
This conversation is as much of a lost cause as it is to try an convince man to stop inventing things. There are good cops and there are bad cops. There are good people and bad people all the the same. The one thing about law enforcement is that if there was none, choas would be beyond your wildest dreams and right at your front door. The bottom line would be that people should be good, cop or whoever (highly unlikly).

On the other hand, those "black cops" deal with the absolute worst of them. Seeing the infectious state of the poverish can be sick, expecially when your job is to deal with it everyday. Genocide is commited on so many different levels from the latest fad to flat out killing, and it has to be the dumbest anyone has ever fallin for. Sometimes you need to walk in the shoe first, before releasing a stereotype. They all will never be the same.

P

Protege

Dont ever trust what the ACLU says. There are a known communist organization. But anyway, i havnt been subject to any racial tension. I am half hispanic and half white, but i look white, but a lot of my friends have been. Other than that i think racial tension in this country is important to bring to consideration.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
word,,,and Im white,,,lol
seriously, hate to say it, but if security is racially profilin middle eastern cats at the airport,,,I aint got no problem wit it,,sorry. I seen the towers fall with my own damn eyes.

Stress, I'm not saying you believe it happens. Here's my take:

I was a sociology major in college and in one class my group and I conducted research on racial profiling in airports. We checked LAX, Burbank/Glendale/Pasadena, and John Wayne in Irvine. We gathered data on over a thousand peeps after running the results through the computer there was no correlation between race and searches at airports.(and this was only one year after 9/11. We were even allowed to "hang out" at these airports), Actually about every tenth person was sent to the side for more searching and most of these people were White. I'm just telling you what we found from our research. I'm sure other cities are different.

The main problem is peeps thinking Arabs/Middle Easterners are terrorists. The Unabomber is white, Tim McVeigh was White, That shoe bomber guy on the plane is White(I think). On a related note White collar crime ruins more lives than any "gang member" could. The media is just fucking with us, creating a reason/support to wipe out the Middle East, establish "friendly" governments and sell oil to the U.S. on the cheap.

Racial profiling does exist though. I'm just not sure it happens or should happen at airports. I'm White and have NEVER been pulled over by a police officer when speeding, not using signals, etc. I've seen Blacks and Mexicans pulled over at stop lights for seemingly no reason.

Ctrl

N

nardo

THE PORK CHOP SLAY CATS IN THE NATI 3 TO 4 TIMES A DAY OR NITE WHEN EVER NITELINE CAME HERE THEY DIDNT HAVE A CLUE IT WAS THIS HOT IN THE O.H 10 THE BOYZ STOP YA HERE EVERY OTHER DAY SOME TIMES MORE

orpheus

Cook Classics
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
Yeah man the whole fucking system is backwards. Shit like that makes me sick. I had a runin with the cops on tuesday...spent the night in jail simply because they were abusing their power and I called them out on it (maybe a little too offensively). but nonetheless, the whole criminal justice system is so damn skewed and biased. YOu cant even voice your political dissent without having some kind of reprocussion. This is NOT how the sustem was intended to work.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
classic said:
Let me tell yall something, its sad but in the south BLACK cops are just as bad if not worse at this shit then the white cops. Ive seen it first hand. Some of those cats are really on some boyz in the hood self hate shit

class...
Aint that the truth...honestly i have had more pleasent experience with white cops that i have had with black ones...I can actually sympthize with the police though...there are good ones out there probaly more so than bad ones,but a few bad apples make them all look bad.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I guess that'S because of the stereotypes vehiculated by the press and media... I mean (I don't know if it's like that in the states, but when you look at the news, if you see a black guy, or a person who is in a minority group, there is a 90% chance that he did a robbery, or a crime (it's not a statistic... I'm just saying). So, of course we are easily associated with crimes and all of that crap.

it's real messed up!

**Specially when our own people are hitting us too... I remember running to catch a bus and having a police car run in front of me to block my way and ask me where I was going... I was in my own hood! catching the F***ing bus!!!!

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Though I definitely believe that there is some racial profiling going on here, still no one seems to ask if it is more common that black people speed. In the black (and also asian) communities in Oakland and other parts of the bay area, people are obsessed with side shows, drag races and other forms of traffic violations. Keak Da Sneak--"Just livin' in the city is a serious task, so I gas, break, dip and gas." At least here it's a major part of the black community.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
o-a-ksavage said:
Though I definitely believe that there is some racial profiling going on here, still no one seems to ask if it is more common that black people speed.

Sorry dog, but when I go to modified cars shows, most of the owners are white! (not to start some shit here) but white, black, asian, old, young... everybody speeds... and I really dont think that it's that simple! I mean, come on! 80% of those chechups are minoritys...

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Fuck the cops fuck all them bitches I'm 16 but look like a giant ass grown man and before i moved they was harasing my ass all the time pushing me againts walls patting me down and shit the police fucking suck

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Overseer. Overseer. Overseer. Overseer. Oversee, Oversee, Oversee, Officer. Yea, Officer from Overseer. You need a little clarity? CHECK THE SIMILARITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.