Do you guys...

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
only reason i asked tho is becuz i was reading the May/June issue of Scratch and saw that Neo da Matrix had a zip disk with his own personal drum kits, he said he used the same drums all of 2006 so just wondering if people took the time to make their own drum kits where u can just load em up easily, rather than picking each individual drum during the beatmaking process.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
if u mean record my own hits from an actual drumset then no .... but i think evry producer makes there own kits from digging and/or processing other people drumz lol

Damn right, I know I do!

I just do alot of layering until it sounds the way I hear it in my head. Snare+Clap+Snar+Hi HAt+Shaker etc.. Just go on and on. I usually just add sounds together on my mpc. But, I sometimes (I used to do this alot more) layer snares or kicks in the PC (fruity Loops or something of that nature) and export them as a whole, pop it in the drum machine and BOOM. New drum sounds..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Concur with example , but additionally Ive noticed that I rarely will use the same kits twice.
I will pick some sounds from some before but each time I go to make a new song I just wipe the pallet clean and start new...

Think Ill stick to the same kit for like the next 5 trax and see if I like that any better for a fluke.. I think it comes from diggin..We would just pull new records everytime and start anew.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
ive also done this... now i just load up my memory card, and all the drums that ive sampled, and raped the net for handpicked right in front of me to use are all there... never understood why people buy kits... just use whats out there as your beginning sounds, and alter them to ur liking.

da relic

Blue77

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
This might be kinda off topic but,I notice alot of cats always talk that less gear is better stuff,but this is where having like 3 different samplers/drum machines comes in handy.Sometimes I make whole kits, sometimes I use the mismatch method but one sure way to make your drums sound different is to switch up tools on em with little alterations.Anyway ,whenever you load and save a beat, that's your drum kit when you take all the other sounds out.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm in the middle of sorting through my drums and just puting them into folders like kick.. kick w/hit... and so on and then the ones I like the most I put a lil symbol infront of the name so it goes to the top of the list. I do have single made kits also but they're chopped up breaks and sounded good originaly so I didn't feel the need to break them apart and put them in one mass folder. If I do end up using one of those break kits I allways beef it up by layering other drums on top from my main folders.

objektivone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I actually physically build drums.. and sample them. I also sample and create my own drum kits. I think it is a necessity to creating your own sound as a producer.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i try to use different shit on everything i do. i like to go through and build my kit accordingly to what the track needs sound wise. i rarely use the same kit sounds on different tracks witout custoimizing them some-what.
ELDIA...