Digital Sampling(From CDs)

B

Burna

Im broke, no dough to get Vinyl's or hardware.. lol.. so whats the best way to sample from a CD? I'd be most greatful, to recieve some input..

peace.

G

GeNoCiDe

same way you do it from vinyl all you do is rip the track from the cd load it in cool edit or acid or watever you use and chop a loop eq the loop chop the loop save the chops load it into your sequencer fl reason or watever you use then make your beat

B

Burna

ah word thanks bruh.

question: what's some good oldies to sample?
ex: Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder.

G

GeNoCiDe

i find you get good anthem or party type samples from disco tracks..and if your lookin for more of that soulfull story tellin look into sumthin by smokey robinson or the delfonics..but i really just sample any and everything if you give me anything i can pretty much sample it

CVPbeatz

ill o.g.
i suggest just get any obscure piece of material. Not those soul music typa stuff, its gotten old. I got a stevie wonder vinyl and shit, i havent even took it out to see how it is, i got like 3 of em.

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ah nothing gets old unless you copy the same techniques its all about how you flip that shit, flip whatver you want however you want thats what hiphop is all about. peace

lowlow

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hpnotiq said:
ah nothing gets old unless you copy the same techniques its all about how you flip that shit, flip whatver you want however you want thats what hiphop is all about. peace

true that hip hop is about recycling and puttin your spin on it..