Declik-The Blast Off remix featuring Frank Yola & Sleekogotbars

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
I like the the beat. It suits the vocals and theme pretty nicely. I really have no complaints with the beat itself. One thing I will say though is that either the vocal EQ or compression could use some tweaking. I'm not sure which is the problem I'm hearing here. Particularly with the hook section, but the verse could use a bit too (his voice is substantially higher pitched than the blast off part, so its less noticeable as a result). Either way I think allowing the vocals to shine through the beat would do this justice. I'm not sure if you just took an acapella and did the same vocal treatment to the entire thing or not, but it all suffers from the same thing. Sounds very muted but not in volume. Its not muddy more than it is flat sounding.

Having said that, I know that most acapellas you can download are anything but ideal for mixing. What you have here does sound relatively clean so if it wasn't to begin with you did a good job with it to neutralize any unfavorable sounds they bring.

Declik

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 60
I like the the beat. It suits the vocals and theme pretty nicely. I really have no complaints with the beat itself. One thing I will say though is that either the vocal EQ or compression could use some tweaking. I'm not sure which is the problem I'm hearing here. Particularly with the hook section, but the verse could use a bit too (his voice is substantially higher pitched than the blast off part, so its less noticeable as a result). Either way I think allowing the vocals to shine through the beat would do this justice. I'm not sure if you just took an acapella and did the same vocal treatment to the entire thing or not, but it all suffers from the same thing. Sounds very muted but not in volume. Its not muddy more than it is flat sounding.

Having said that, I know that most acapellas you can download are anything but ideal for mixing. What you have here does sound relatively clean so if it wasn't to begin with you did a good job with it to neutralize any unfavorable sounds they bring.
you are totally right . I would say that the acapella was not that good, I had to Deess and make some improvement . The mix isn't that good . thanksa ton for your feed

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
That's definitely what I'm hearing. I wasn't far off on singling out compression, and its probably why I was also thinking EQ as well. In the little bit of experience I have with de-essing I've noticed that if I over do it, it sounds like my vocals are delivered with a lisp, and it also has the result of making the vocals sound very flat. That's what I'm hearing here on both counts. I get why you de-essed, but theres other ways to do it that will keep some of the transient sounds that you're effectively slamming down to nothing by de-essing it so hard.

at the end of the day "S" sounds should still sound like esses. They just shouldn't hurt your ears.

Last edited:

Declik

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 60
That's definitely what I'm hearing. I wasn't far off on singling out compression, and its probably why I was also thinking EQ as well. In the little bit of experience I have with de-essing I've noticed that if I over do it, it sounds like my vocals are delivered with a lisp, and it also has the result of making the vocals sound very flat. That's what I'm hearing here on both counts. I get why you de-essed, but theres other ways to do it that will keep some of the transient sounds that you're effectively slamming down to nothing by de-essing it so hard.

at the end of the day "S" sounds should still sound like esses. They just shouldn't hurt your ears.
Thanks I will take your advice into considération much respect