Cross Fade

kaz2284

I tried building off some off the feedback I got on my last beat with this one and tried to work some better mixing in as well. Overall I was pretty happy with the way it came out.

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
The bass is very quiet but still seems off to me flat in spots, also probably an octave to low to be heard on alot of things, would probably need doubling up an octave if you wave to keep the sub or just moving up

kaz2284

The bass is very quiet but still seems off to me flat in spots, also probably an octave to low to be heard on alot of things, would probably need doubling up an octave if you wave to keep the sub or just moving up
I'm starting to think that I might be having more of a sound selection issue when it comes to the bass. I made sure that the scale was locked and even tried to eq room for the bass on this one.

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
I'm starting to think that I might be having more of a sound selection issue when it comes to the bass. I made sure that the scale was locked and even tried to eq room for the bass on this one.
some instruments will be detuned already, so best to use just a simple bass guitar emulation that you know isnt to get you started at this point, its not like the last one its close but something isnt right,

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
I like the simple drum pattern with a big kick on top of a more complex piano melody, makes it easy to flow to and a good head nodder. I couldn't really hear the bass well, but it did sound a bit low and muffled, so could probably have a better balance with the kick/bass, or get rid of the bass and bring out the lows in the kick or maybe even layer with an 808. Some of the sounds sounded a bit "out of the box" and flat, might just be a little bit of EQ, reverb, delay, etc. to give everything a sense of space.

Overall pretty solid and I listened to some of your prior beats, cool to see how much you're progressing. I subscribed to your channel!

kaz2284

I like the simple drum pattern with a big kick on top of a more complex piano melody, makes it easy to flow to and a good head nodder. I couldn't really hear the bass well, but it did sound a bit low and muffled, so could probably have a better balance with the kick/bass, or get rid of the bass and bring out the lows in the kick or maybe even layer with an 808. Some of the sounds sounded a bit "out of the box" and flat, might just be a little bit of EQ, reverb, delay, etc. to give everything a sense of space.

Overall pretty solid and I listened to some of your prior beats, cool to see how much you're progressing. I subscribed to your channel!
Thanks for that detailed feedback and checking out some of the stuff I made before. Seems like having a sense of progression is tough when its only yourself judging what you've made.

members online