converting two mono audio tracks into one stereo audio track in Pro Tools

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I believe that if you import the audio(mono) 1 track at a time to a protools mono individually then bounce them after applying effects if any.....to a 1 track Left/Right stereo file is this what you are asking? because mono is not going to be able to imported to a stereo track........because you know that you can bounce a stereo file Left and Right separately.....each of those are a mono audio track......

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yes you can do it. Just record both tracks, pan one left and the other right. You can also bounce the track like bigd was saying but thats really just to free up 1 track.

duh cal yun

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
The reason I'm asking is because I have a Avalon 737 and it only has a mono output. I want to track my synth sounds in stereo. So I would have to do one channel at a time then right? First the left, panned hard left .... then Right, panned hard right. then bounce it to disk as a stereo track. Then import it back into Pro Tools. Is this correct?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Oh ok thanks MAD yeah I see what UR talking about now.......yeah you got it!, but theoretically speaking you just need that one mono track unless not have some different effect the source device is adding that you don't have in a plugin .......just import the 1 mono track to protools.....then duplicate it and pan the two tracks how you want in protools.....couldn't you do that? and then add some different fx slightly to each channel...you will get the stereo effect you want....... but yeah after you bounce if you have the tracks panned left and right respectively...you got a stereo file........I am assumin that your synth has left and Right outputs but Avalon is only Mono......you always get another one.....I had this slight Dilemma with my DBX pre amp....I just went and got a Stereo Pre amp......

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
some of the sounds are naturally stereo. Like strings .... some of them pan out automatically and in order to keep that same effect I need to track it up in stereo. If its in mono it just has that flat "in the middle sound". I want my shit to sound wide and fat. Thanks!!

hookiefree

Beat Monster
ill o.g.
if u copy the mono track (for the patches that don't pan out automatically) and pan one hard L and one hard R and put a lil delay on one it should sound super wide. funny cuz i just read an article about it. u can also boost the mids on the undelayed track and lower the volume on the delayed track to account for the way your head affects the sound as it goes from one ear to the other.

members online