"College Dropout"

Wattz21XX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
anybody else get a chance to check out Kanye's College Dropout advance?
1st of all i think the intro itself is really tight the way its just switches up into some sick violins, real nice.
most of the tracks were already heard on mixtapes dropped by kanye himself so i doubt this is close to what the final tracklist will look like.
none of the production really stood out that much probably because i heard most of the stuff but when i did 1st hear those songs...damn
"2 Words" was a real banga
"Slow Jamz" theres some slight changes although the vocals sound unmastered but these jazz guitars come in at the end that arent on the twista version.
"self Conscious" is a tight track the beat isnt really all that but the massage is tight.
"Jesus Walks" is a tight track.
"Breathe In Breathe Out" haha this track is jokes. its just funny this is probably kanye's club track tellin fat chicks to workout and whatnot its just funny.
"Keep the Receipt" i was def feelin kanye on this track when i 1st heard it and odb really brings alot of energy on the track even tho he shoulda had a 16 on it. but hes just real crazy on it "GO KILL YOURSELF!!!"..haha
"Never Let Me Down" is a real nice deep track. and jayz is nice on it the beat is tight too, im really feelin this one.

theres more but im guessin some of them wont make the cut.
i wasnt really feelin kanye as a rapper but he is better than alot of other rappers out now although hes not all that. and the fact that he didnt feel he had to cover the same type of subject matter that everyone else is doin at the moment gives him some points. although the roc is gettin him known on a commercial level hes still real underground at heart. i think if this album gets good responses it might open some doors back up, hopefully people will remember when not everythin out there was just club music and gangsta stuff.

pz

Wattz

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
i only know 2 words with mos def, it's a banger indeed.. dope concept too.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
i reckon it's pretty sick... a lot of people are hating on his production but i reckon he's ill... i reckon more people shud be worryin about his delivery... kinda weird i reckon... but still he's doin his... i'd give the album an 8 out of 10...

Cheo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm feeling alot of his joints. Freeway seemed out of place on "2 Words" but damn did Mos Def kill it. Personally mainstream hip-hop needs more joints like "Jesus Walks" in rotaion. The joint with Jigga and Saul Williams is a str8 banger!!! I'm anxious to see what the finished product is going to sound like.

members online