Buying new midi Keyboard?

kanaris

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hey guys, im having a problem deciding what kind of midi controller i should buy. I was originally thinking about the M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 because I find the weighted keys and the feel quite appealing. I want a keyboard with a nice feel to it. Currently, i am using an oxygen 49 and it has semi-weighted keys and I hate it. I also like the Axiom 61 but i wondering how if its semi weighted action is anybetter then the oxygen? Any comments or suggestions for any type of keyboards would be appreciated. I'm looking to pay between 200-400 dollars.

kanaris

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
thats a nasty board rite there.. I wish i was bill gates so i could buy every piece of equipment ever created ahhaha. so u would recommend the keystation then?

ATmusic

ill o.g.
I have a keystation 88es that I love but check out the CME stuff its awesome but pricey. This is the next controller I am going to get http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VX8/

Having used both I chose CME 88 Key.

It all depends on what you want out of it,. The M-audio 88 key didn´t have any after touch last time I used it. I bought it and the very next day took it back, paid more and got the CME

I play classical music so I needed something with close to real Hammer Action Keys and right now, it´s one of my favourite gears in my studio.

Their control knobs and faders are also kept to a minimum but still fulfils all the major functions and is easier to work with.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i got the cme uf8 with the weighted keys and its a real nice board, the keys are almost as good as the hammer action on motif/oasys level boards. i would definitely suggest having a non weighted board around though, its very tough to play some melodies with the real piano keys, i personally just use it for practice and for slower parts/chord progressions when im songwriting.

members online