Bought maschine and now i just use it for the sounds!!

FanRan

I just bought maschine about three weeks ago. Although I love some of the features, I really can't put it over my 2OOOXL. I just work too quick on the mpc. I can use it in the dark with my eyes closed. But the maschine does have some dope sounds and effects. so I'm just sampling the sounds from maschine into the mpc. Maschine's swing settings are weird as well. And there's no track mute option. But I do like how you can chop a sample on one pad and listen to another pad at the same time (makes chopping hella easy). That is one advantage that is dope. But I noticed the MPC still makes your drums punchier. That dinosaur has way more soul to it. in my opinion.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Track mute, yes. But I wish it had track mute like recording the mute. For example, copy a pattern but then mute the drums on that pattern instead of deleting the notes. Or can you? Maybe I'm overlooking something?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Great post FanRan, Maschine is awesome for some and just OK for others. It is a matter of really wrapping your head around any gear, the more you really dig into whatever, the more you'll become proficient at it.

This is the exact reason that I (personally) have chosen to stay away from sensitive topics...lol. I've had Maschine for almost a year now and after about 3 months of really digging into it, I've put it back in the box and put my MPD back inline. Is Maschine better than the MPD? IMO yeah. Is it better for me? No! Not with my current workflow.

It's not just Maschine either, it's just about any gear vs gear. Some are undeniably better but others are based on hype and "what I got" syndrome. So thanks for your input, I agree.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Wow....Well...get all the sounds out and throw me the controller...I could always use a spare for a live show.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Track mute, yes. But I wish it had track mute like recording the mute. For example, copy a pattern but then mute the drums on that pattern instead of deleting the notes. Or can you? Maybe I'm overlooking something?

There is actually a really easy way to accomplish this. Just created a new patter and copy everything over then click on the box to delete the entire part.

@Dac, I don't even believe you purchased Maschine anymore. I think you are just messing with us! If you spent any time at all with Mascine you would NOT be using an MPD. PICTS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I think its the sequneceing and dealing with the scenes that people arnt feeling too much. Most people luv maschines attributes and sounds but when it come to actually organizing a song everyone reverts back to their fav DAW.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm seeing quite a bit of people buying maschine and not using it completely. Like, only using the controller or only using the sounds. etc etc.

This is why I think we're on the right track doing a straight software-hardware integration, but I think it needs to be a little more open. Like say companies like Akai, Numark, Novation, etc make hardware that have integrated some specific language or whatever to work right out the box with software from the likes of NI, Propellerheads, Image-Line, Ableton, etc. This way we'll be able to get whatever controllers we like and whatever software we like, instead of proprietary bundles.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I agree...AKAI did exactly that with the mpd32, hook it up then go to the presets for whatever DAW you've got then hit ENTER...thats it.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I think its the sequneceing and dealing with the scenes that people arnt feeling too much. Most people luv maschines attributes and sounds but when it come to actually organizing a song everyone reverts back to their fav DAW.

thats me^ i hate the scenes n shit in maschine it kills my work flow. I can bang beats out fast in Fl so i just throw the maschine in midi mode n use it in FL.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I think it's just as quick as FL studio when I put the tracks together.

making scenes and playlists are the same to me.

members online

No members online now.