blessed

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Intro is super cool! I like the use of micro-chopping and complexity of it together. I get some Pretty Lights/RJD2/Justice vibes from it.

Reverb/Compression and quick fades will help glue it together a bit more. I get the over all aesthetic of having it choppy, but it does need a bit of cohesion.

I'm not a fan of trap, but I do appreciate the drums. Have you experimented with chopping up break beats and layering with your own drums?

Not sure if you have a filter on the master, but there's something that's robbing this track of a lot of energy. Some more higher register elements will definitely having this banging along with those trap drums.

A strong B theme or "hook" could really help it stand out as well. Again, all minor nit picks.

Overall, I quite like this. Thanks for sharing.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Yeah, it's nice.

Nothing really more to add.

Only thing I thought to suggest would be, maybe see how the snare sounds if it's a little darker. The rest of the track is quite dark, but the snare is quite sharp and bright. Maybe it works like that. But could always be worth having the snare a bit darker/lower to match the vibe and see how it works.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 144
Intro is super cool! I like the use of micro-chopping and complexity of it together. I get some Pretty Lights/RJD2/Justice vibes from it.

Reverb/Compression and quick fades will help glue it together a bit more. I get the over all aesthetic of having it choppy, but it does need a bit of cohesion.

I'm not a fan of trap, but I do appreciate the drums. Have you experimented with chopping up break beats and layering with your own drums?

Not sure if you have a filter on the master, but there's something that's robbing this track of a lot of energy. Some more higher register elements will definitely having this banging along with those trap drums.

A strong B theme or "hook" could really help it stand out as well. Again, all minor nit picks.

Overall, I quite like this. Thanks for sharing.
Hey thank you. I had to do a google search on pretty lights/RJD2/justice lol had no idea who you were talkin bout

I haven’t really messed with the break beats just yet, but I plan to get into it or at least try.

I had some filter and I used some halftime

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Yeah, it's nice.

Nothing really more to add.

Only thing I thought to suggest would be, maybe see how the snare sounds if it's a little darker. The rest of the track is quite dark, but the snare is quite sharp and bright. Maybe it works like that. But could always be worth having the snare a bit darker/lower to match the vibe and see how it works.
Thanks might have to try that

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 5
Not a fan or listener of Trap but this is great. Love the chops and the bounce of the track. If anything I think the snare let's it down as it's a little generic compared to the rest of the beat. I think I'd almost go for off kilter drums instead of the 4/4 too. Weirdly I think it slows the flow of the track. Drums are just a tad overcompressed too. Just want to open up the high end a little to let it pop a bit. Chops are great! Loving the vibe on this one.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
@hosie hey thanks for listening. I've really only used Mother Ducker on my kicks lately on the MPC One.
I tend to go to a lot of my same snare sounds in my beats (a habit I'm trying to break lol)

couch trax

Battle Points: 14
I don't agree with your chord progression on this one. It never resolves smoothly back to its root note. I also never felt like there was a clear verse part, chorus part, bridge, etc. It was just kind of flat the whole time

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
I don't agree with your chord progression on this one. It never resolves smoothly back to its root note. I also never felt like there was a clear verse part, chorus part, bridge, etc. It was just kind of flat the whole time
I think I know what your talking about . I only made it this short for the the share on here. If I was to send the beat out then I would structure it better.
I’ve been making my beats on my Mpc one and still learning how to chop samples so that’s probably what you heard?? Sample overlap when it goes into next part

couch trax

Battle Points: 14
I think I know what your talking about . I only made it this short for the the share on here. If I was to send the beat out then I would structure it better.
I’ve been making my beats on my Mpc one and still learning how to chop samples so that’s probably what you heard?? Sample overlap when it goes into next part
Here, there, in your underwear... doesn't matter where you are always put your best foot forward. Because you never know who might be on here playing peoples beats. I could be Dj Khaled under cover using a photo of my first cousin Donovan as my profile. And trust me, there are established producers who are on here snooping when they're bored or need some fresh ideas

feedback greatly appreciated thanks

atmosphere is aight, I like how you went a creative route for the drums, but it's too much. there's nothing to "follow" with the drums, they're by all means all over the place. sometimes that works, but the way you presented your sample also used somewhat the same chaotic approach, which isn't all bad by itself but again, altogether it became kinda... headachy. Maybe if the drums were more efficient and more in line with the sample chops it'd have been more groovy. overall the sound I'm hearing is okay but it could use a lil more sauce.