Better audio quality when recording beat video?

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 144
Hey ill
Was wondering/hoping somebody could give me some help on how to get better audio on my phone when recording beat videos?

The way I normally would do it is make the beat then export it once beat is done and send it to my one drive folder then do a screen recording of like a minute clip of the beat then upload it to instagram or whatever.

Is there possibly a better way ?

I watched a YouTube video saying I need to get a attenuator??
Or a irig 2 can do this?

Any help much appreciated thanks

i think the best way would be to use video editing software to replace the audio track with the high quality exported from the daw version. Just get the audio to align with the video and recreate the video with the new audio. Shouldnt take too long to process a 1 minute video. Its extra work, but the audio will be the best quality.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
i think the best way would be to use video editing software to replace the audio track with the high quality exported from the daw version. Just get the audio to align with the video and recreate the video with the new audio. Shouldnt take too long to process a 1 minute video. Its extra work, but the audio will be the best quality.
I’ve done that before with imovie, but what about if I want to do a livestream on my phone is there some kind of cord I need so that the audio sounds good for the viewer?

Interface to phone maybe
Like most of the times I make beats with my headphones on cuz of neighbors . I live in apartment.
Just wondering if this all possible to showcase live or something when music ain’t comin out my monitors?

This the video I watched

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
The best way is to record to an external device, even just onto your computer. Most Youtubers use something like this:

So you can plug in your mic and line output from your interface, for example. Record with your phone then when you go to edit the video, just match up the audio and mute the phone's audio.
For now I make my beats with headphones on . Will all this work with just
im assume you re on iphone?

man this is 9 years old, probably out of date.

the best way to do it live would require a line in on the iphone

cool I thought that’s what I was probably gonna need.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
For now I make my beats with headphones on . Will all this work with just

cool I thought that’s what I was probably gonna need.
Yeah that wire could be a solution, it depends on what you really want to do. I don't have an external recorder so I record my MPC and mic into my DAW, but an external device would be good because sometimes it's a pain to record into the DAW when I'm trying to use VSTs or something at the same time.

I use my headphones when recording so yeah it will work for you, just record your audio interface output to your phone or device.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Ok I just wanna be sure I’m doing it correctly because some shit I just don’t get lol I make a beat on my Mpc or in my DAW and now I wanna take a lil clip of what I just created (or go live with )it/and share it to social media, but I want the audio to be legit and not the audio from the phone.

That attenuator is one solution?
Or just export the beat then edit on iMovie the best or .. my apologies for sounding dumb or asking the same question over im just trying to make sure I understand correctly lol
Thanks

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ok I just wanna be sure I’m doing it correctly because some shit I just don’t get lol I make a beat on my Mpc or in my DAW and now I wanna take a lil clip of what I just created (or go live with )it/and share it to social media, but I want the audio to be legit and not the audio from the phone.

That attenuator is one solution?
Or just export the beat then edit on iMovie the best or .. my apologies for sounding dumb or asking the same question over im just trying to make sure I understand correctly lol
Thanks
If you can get the cable like @2GooD Productions showed then that should be fine. What audio interface do you have?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
get the adapter and run from your interface into the iphone, the audio will be direct from the interface so no monitors are necessary, headphones will be fine
I just watched the video but wait a sec - so it's the USB on the interface to the iphone - but where's the computer audio? This is good if you're using an external source like a mic or an MPC, but what about the computer's audio?

I just watched the video but wait a sec - so it's the USB on the interface to the iphone - but where's the computer audio? This is good if you're using an external source like a mic or an MPC, but what about the computer's audio?
no, it wont be usb to the iphone, should be line out to the iphone. Im not an iphone user and will never be, because of things like this.

Wait - in the video he plugs the usb to the adapter to the iphone, right?
So after a bit of looking, the iPhone has no line in capability, thats why the interface plugs straight into the adapter, and that means the interface cant be used by the DAW. You can however plug a much better mic into the interface but the quality still wont be the best it can be and you would require 2 interfaces, 1 for the DAW and one for the phone.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So after a bit of looking, the iPhone has no line in capability, thats why the interface plugs straight into the adapter, and that means the interface cant be used by the DAW. You can however plug a much better mic into the interface but the quality still wont be the best it can be and you would require 2 interfaces, 1 for the DAW and one for the phone.
Yeah that's what I mean. It looks like it's only for external devices. @Wesbeats what will you be recording?

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
So then it probably only works best when working with standalone?

members online