Beat This! Competition - March 20-21, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from March 20-21st! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on March 20th at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme).
Voting will be for one day, on March 21st, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/ranks/cat/bthis/

*Note: check out this site to find out the correct time difference for your timezone:

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: Spring
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

• You must make a beat for the Spring season!
  • Think of words like "upbeat", "rebirth", and "good mood".
  • Shoutout to @TWU for the theme suggestion.

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer20240232021.jpg

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Don't think I'll be in this one. I'll try if I can

Really good theme, gives enough room to do your thing. Turnout better be good, if not then you man really are just pussies who lack any genuine creative skill.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Hey man, you can't bash the theme and then not partake in it! That's blasphemy. That's like you trying to steal Spiderman Professor's moves, if that makes any sense.
It makes no sense because I had those moves before he did.

And most of them were Hot Sauce's moves.

Didn't bash the theme... bashing it would be gay!
Also said I will try see if I can - but you remember how much issue I had even uploading my beat last time. I felt like this theme would be a good one for me too.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It makes no sense because I had those moves before he did.

And most of them were Hot Sauce's moves.

Didn't bash the theme... bashing it would be gay!
Also said I will try see if I can - but you remember how much issue I had even uploading my beat last time. I felt like this theme would be a good one for me too.
Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Wow really really incredible beats.

So many deserving winners from my phone speaker check. Will have to see if I can eliminate any based on mix (doubtful).

Only 3-4 that didn't hit that theme to me.

Great work. Really going to struggle to decide who to vote for. Gonna be like a lucky dip out of 8 beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.