All The Breaks CD

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yo, I just got that 300 "All the Breaks" Cd in the mail today! Sucks cuz I'm bout to head off to work. I've been flippin through this bad boy and can't keep my ears away from it. I'm talkin like every break in the f**in industry...well almost.

I'm keep this baby in my secret stash, but I wanna ask you guys.....

Do you think me and whoever else bought this cD got over big time on actual "diggin"?

With this and my own drum patterns, all I need is sounds.

How many different ways do you guys think you could flip one breakbeat?

p.s. good look for advertisin the CD guys

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
oh my god.....

please be carefull with that.....reseach the breaks and see who has used em b4, if they mad famous, dont bother....also, you gotta think, how many other people have bought this cd? shit loads, which means the breaks are common place.....

you can rearrange a break, but it will still sound like the real break, unless you layer like 2 ontop of each other.....or chop it into sounds and replay it on like a keyboard on an mpc....

but you gotta replay it in a similar way or they will sound wack....

ps...YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING DIGGING MAN!!!!!!

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
^^^ I feel exactly what you are saying man, I know that ALL those breaks have been used before. My intentions are to freak them into something different. I have a whole different purpose in mind for them. There is nothing NEW under the sun...It's all about making something fresh and different. I'm wanting to keep the roots of 90s rap in my junk while giving it an updated sound ya know? All I do is DIG. But as producers, we should also take advantage of stuff that is available (as long as it is not cheesy crap).

I don't know about you, but I don't have the time available to dig all those breaks. So if it is available on CD, MP3, Tape or whatever, I'm coppin' it. There is a fine line between being a purist and just being practical. I'm like you, we should ALWAYS DIG but, when you can't find a spacific thing but you know you can find it on comp CD or MP3, it would make no since not to get it just because you're not getting any dust & mold on fingers you know what I mean? What difference does it make where you got from...the real difference is what you do with it and if it bangs. My little 2 cents

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Haze47 said:
ps...YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING DIGGING MAN!!!!!!

lol....best believe I dig and will continue to til I'm 6 under

This CD will serve as a learning tool as well. It's just that NOW peeps have dug for me and now I can focus more on melodies. Please trust, if my tracks need a different drum feel then I'm addin' that myself. Many joints on here have been used, but there are some rare bangaz on there...cop that!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
so? who cares if they have been used to death? there is ALWAYS a new way to use something. click my sig.... top track....ive used a VERY famous break... top 5 easy.... chopped for drums and i guarantee you you wont figure out what i used. guaranteed.

thats my point here. if you can freak it, do it. if not, well..... thats on you. but your drum game has more to do with what you do with those breaks as the breaks themselves.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJ X-sinna said:
^^^ when you can't find a spacific thing but you know you can find it on comp CD or MP3

yeah, thats kinda why I copped it...there are breaks that people have used many times and there are those breaks that just can't leave hip hop and must be in at least ONE of your beats, freaked to your liking. I want those and really didn't find like "finding them on my own". I know that adds to how well a producer you are, but that's like thieves turning down free shit....lol

Holla

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
yo fair play cold....i cant tell the break either, and yea if you do it like that its cool, but for ppl that like heavy snare work,and complicated real sounding snare, hat playing, you cant do that, you gotta chop the fill and play it back, otherwise it just dont work....and if you say it does, then hey, you the first person ever to have programmed a real sounding funk break....

but yea if you freak it well then cool, go for it, and it will still sound fresh-ish

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
wall that beat you heard used impeach the president. it's all about layering... i tried several kick/snare combos with several different hits... known breaks and random one shots from various sources... nothing gave me the sounds that fit as well as that one... so thus thats my point. its lways been about developiong your own sound out of something else.

also, true, funk style programming is difficult but it isnt impossible to nail a good one. at least something decent.....

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
hahaha....no way!!!

i used that, but i layered another break over the top, to make it sound different....

the honeydrippers, good band....

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Cold Truth said:
wall that beat you heard used impeach the president. it's all about layering... i tried several kick/snare combos with several different hits... known breaks and random one shots from various sources... nothing gave me the sounds that fit as well as that one... so thus thats my point. its lways been about developiong your own sound out of something else.

also, true, funk style programming is difficult but it isnt impossible to nail a good one. at least something decent.....

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!! Work that junk Cold Truth!!!

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
do y'all plan on chopping these breaks and using one shots or using the whole loops?

I'm interested in this either way, i might get it when i get some more $$$

F

freestyle

Man what u guys talking about. Instead of that cd Get the classic breakbeats cd from samplersounds.com. Theres 500 on there inseatd of 300. I was gonne get that all the breaks cd too. But my freind has that one and this one and I'm feeling this one a little more.Seems like these cats sampled this one a little better too.More punch to it.Ill Shit if I say so myself.

T

tommyill

freestyle said:
Man what u guys talking about. Instead of that cd Get the classic breakbeats cd from samplersounds.com. Theres 500 on there inseatd of 300. I was gonne get that all the breaks cd too. But my freind has that one and this one and I'm feeling this one a little more.Seems like these cats sampled this one a little better too.More punch to it.Ill Shit if I say so myself.

I only have All The Breaks, but iI like it. The good thing about All The Breaks is that you know what you are getting in advance - the track list is right there on the site. Also it's professionally packaged and manufactured, not a CD-R like the one samplersounds.com. The sound is exactly what came off the records - I have a bunch of the records and if anything the ones on their CD sound better. I'm gonna buy the one on samplersounds.com too and check it out too.

S

success

i dont know about the samplersounds one, but i dont even need it. i got the all the breaks one its crazy, ive been telling everyone they need this... since i got it cant put it down. at first i just got caught up listening to it but now im grabbing drums left and right, layering sounds. i dont think im gonna need another drum cd for a loooong time. the all the breaks cd comes with the full tracklist too which is a big deal for me cause i need to know whats what when im sampling or listening or if im trying to find something real quick. i def recommend all the breaks to everyone for what its worth

members online