Alesis Fusion or MPC-1000?????

• beat this! voting starts in...

Presto7737

ill o.g.
What up fam!? Got a dilemma...yah mean! For Christmas my wife say I can blow dough on something major (bout a G) and narrowed it down to the Fusion 6D keyboard workstation or a MPC-1000. I'm leaning towards the keyboard cuz I got a shitty casio joint and I got and MPD-16 for pads with Battery for drums. But then again a MPC is, shit u know, a MPC baby! I heard the Fusion's sounds are shitty but the features sound hot. Plus I copped the "Big 3" refills from Sanova ( good looking on dat Sanova). I can get good drums with my set up now...but my melodies be lacking. Whateva I don't get now I can get down the line too (like 6 months or so). Give your southern cousin some insight! I'm trying to take this music ish to the next level instead of hobbying. Thx.

P.S. If someone wants to do some beat/song collabs holla at www.presto7737@hotmail.com. I'm trying to get full blown with music. Working on a site to post beats.

Oh...and sorry for the long post. But I got 99 problems.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
hmmmmm i mean the MPC1000 is ok i had one and didnt get on with it at all, but i hear theres a new OS for it at the moment which is meant to have some ridiculous features the fusion ive heard the same that a lot of the sounds are pretty crap as standard tho theres sum good features tbh if i was spending that kind of money i wouldnt want crap sounds !
if you're after sounds look at the krog microx i've got one and the thing is brilliant for the money ! you could maybe get an mpc500 and a microx depending on what you can pick them up for ...?
don't get an MPC for the sake of it just because its an MPC if you'e gunan benefit from the keyboard more then get that...

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i got the Fusion, but i sample with the RS7000.... the Fusion is great for sounds and sampling other stuff, but it cant match the RS's sequencer... if ur samplin, get the 1000... later, get the Fusion... its a perfect combination.

da relic

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
No one can tell you what to get though, only you can decide, you need to just work out which is more important to your production style at this moment in time, and if its the fusion then go try it out, not just a little 10 minute thing spend as long as you can on it and make sure your happy with it (make sure it has the latest updates installed before you start playing with it) and then try out some other similar priced boards and make sure your happy with what your going to buy

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If ur happy 2 work and sequence on the PC, don't get the MPC.
Instead of the Fusion, look at the Korg TR. I got one and its a killa wit the sounds on it, inly downside is, 2 use .WAV samples u need optional Sampling Board.
Also check out the Fantom XA, it even has pads on it.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--KORTR61
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLFANTOMXA

If u decide on gettin the Fusion, check this out:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ALEFUSION6HD
If u buy the Fusion before Dec 31, u get Alesis M1 Active MKII monitors free.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I would say go for the MPC. but only if you want to get away from the computer for beatmaking. if you like or prefer making beats on the computer, then it might be a waste of your money. me personally, I got tired of staring at the computer screen so I got me a MPC 60. lovin it.

Presto7737

ill o.g.
Lol...I forgot about this damn thread. I went with neither man...decided to hold on to some change and get out of damn debt. haha. But I since got a turntable and a lot of records. Havent' been working hard on beats really. I need motivation and some damn homies. I'm stationed in Germany and have no peeps to just kick it with and work on shit. Me, myself, and I. I might have an MPC 2000 coming from ebay...2 days left on bidding. I'm looking to get a simple workflow for putting a beat together and the PC complicates shit for me. I know what I'm doing but the PC just demotivates me and I start playing fucking WoW or something. Damn! I can spit and I can work beats and I got equipment...what the hell is wrong with me ya'll? I need some damn drive. Hopefully these Berklee music classes motivate me to just do some shit.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Listen 2 other peoples beats. That always motivates me to do better. Sumtimes I feel like shit and nothin comes 2 mind, but on other days, I might wake up, listen 2 some ipod and come up wit new shit.
I was in a stage when I was like "fuck this beat shit", and I almost gave up, until I started listenin 2 other peoples beats, and it inspired me to get back in it.