50 Cent Get Rich Or Die Tryin, Thumbs Up Or Down?

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
The Bastard said:
cmon man a lot of rappers compared sellin rap to sellin crack,

No doubt but the dude I quoted it from said it kind of "jarred him" to hear 50 say that in the previews....like he never heard that before...that was my point. Nothin 50 does is real original...I mean, is his movie NOT the black ghetto version of 8 Mile? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
benny_buku said:
No doubt but the dude I quoted it from said it kind of "jarred him" to hear 50 say that in the previews....like he never heard that before...that was my point. Nothin 50 does is real original...I mean, is his movie NOT the black ghetto version of 8 Mile? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Haha, thats exactly what it is. I heard good things tho.... Peep this:

"I would like to ask all my family, fans and friends. To go out and see Get Rich Or Die Trying. PLEASE. Don't prejudge the film just because you are anti-50cent. I took my mother(whoseneverheardof50), her husband(arepublican) and a date(whohates50) to see it opening day at the Magic Johnson Theater. All of them not only liked it but loved it and were thoroughly impressed. The women actually cried. If you're a little or a lot skeptical check out the director Jim Sheridan's previous film "In America" it's awesome. Hopefully that will convince you. If it doesn't, then maybe take my word for it. Look at my list of fav. movies and if we agree on most of those films we'll probaly agree on this one. I'll end it like this very rarely is the innercity "coming of age" story depicted properly on the big screen. Without glorifying street violence or asking for the sympathy from the audience. It's simply entertaining. White, black or any other race if you've payed $ to see House Parties, Menace To Society, Friday's, How High etc... (which to me have made as much of, if not more of a mockery of the black experience than 50cent ever has) you owe to yourself to see this film
Thanks for your time
As you were
Murs"

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Loose Cannon said:
im on my way to check this out right now.

i got a question for evrybody though. hoiw many of you ever listenedf to the guess whos back album? This is the only reason i can stand him right now, and the only reason i have enough respect for him to bring myself to this movie.
THat album is hot. Got that nas and 50 joint on there.

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dunno i actually like 50 unlike most of the people here and i didnt think the movie was anytihng special, none of the beats really had me poppin out my seat and vibin and everything was pushed along to fast for me. im not sure i was kinda high when i saw it but none the less it didnt explode out at me. and like i said i actually listen and enjoy 50 and gunits music soooo. i dunno

members online