Youtube vs Vimeo vs Other Video Site

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I've been researching the difference between them. Vimeo seems to be only high quality artistic vids, while youtube is like a one size fits all sort of deal. I'm really looking for somewhere to post vid where the quality will be preserved. "Discovery" of the vid on the site, isnt really important. Anyone experienced in this sort of thing? Any insight? Would I be better off finding some way to host my own video, someway?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
No opinions? lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Vimeo seems better, but I still use youtube. Its not hard to host this stuff yourself.

What do you mean (specifically) host your self? Like on your own server or something?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
I think with Vimeo there's a limit to what you can upload. But the site does seem pretty good, it's gaining momentum.

In terms of the number of videos right?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Yea, after thinking about it, vimeo doesnt seem right for me now. I need to invest in my own site at this point. I guess this can be changed to a website advise, server needs thread? Save the need to make a new thread.

edit: I know nothin about nothing about this I realise now lol So ANY advise, info etc is greatly appreciated.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Ive always liked vimeo more since their audio encoding is much better then youtube IMO.....If you want your audio to be represented at a higher quality I think Vimeo's the better choice however I believe YouTube will be trying to catch up with them in regards to audio quality very soon.