Your Opinion?

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Here's the picture...Today I was in the front of my neighborhood waiting on my daughters school bus. There are a few enlisted soldiers (E-7's to E-9's) that live in my area and a lot of Officers (Colonels and up...). Anyway, this enlisted soldier that just returned from a 30 day training exercise wanted to meet his daughter (surprise her...) when she got off the bus. He left his hat in his duffel bag which was in his truck. 2 Officers were looking at buying a Condo came out of the office at the clubhouse and saw the enlisted officer standing at the bus stop. The enlisted soldier knew he was wrong for leaving his hat in his bag so he spoke BEFORE the Officers said anything, his exact words were "Sir I apologize but I'm just getting home from a 30 day training and I wanted to surprise my daughter." One of the Officers replied, "Thats no excuse for you being out of uniform, get your ish together!" (in a real sh*tty tone) and kept walking with the realitor. Granted, there were about 15 other civilian parents out there that heard this. They ALL thought that the Officer was just being a dick, as well as myself. I didn't think that was handled properly considering all the facts but the Officer was actually right. What do you guys think?

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yea. pretty much a dick.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
It seems like a minor blunder really, but protocol is protocol... especially in the military. I'm not sure what the message is behind it, but even the smallest details are important, especially for a soldier in the field. Anyways, my two cents..

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
dick, asshole etc. The daughter part shouldve been a pass w/ a ok but not again sort of response.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah I think he should have politely called the guy over to him and said whatever he had say rather than putting him on blast in front of civilians. It wasn't like there were other soldiers standing around to learn a lesson from this. Basically, he played himself in front of the civilians imo. But then again like Pug said, protocol is protocol.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Some people are prone to exercising their power over others, also.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah I think he should have politely called the guy over to him and said whatever he had say rather than putting him on blast in front of civilians. It wasn't like there were other soldiers standing around to learn a lesson from this. Basically, he played himself in front of the civilians imo. But then again like Pug said, protocol is protocol.

Protocol is protocol. AND HE KNOWS he's not supposed to be out of uniform. Yes the guy was a prick...but the officer should have known that if found, he would be reprimanded.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah I think it should be an exception to the rule. It makes NO sense for the guy to be in full uniform if...

1. he's off duty.
2. if his superiors are off duty.
3. not on base.
4. there is no example to be set (around civilians only).
5. doing nothing wrong (just being a father to his child).

Ya think?

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I think diff branches are less intense. I work at an Air force base, and these guys are real laid back. If there are any uniform issues, all they do is send out a mass email to remind airmen that you are being looked at.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah I've noticed that too, it's about to become Army property soon but we also have Pope AFB here and they seem to be a lot more laid back than the Army. Ft.Bragg is home of the 82nd Airborne and we have a huge Special Ops Division, Green Berets and so on here so most of these cats are just as gung ho (if not more) as the Marines. These cats freak out and go ballistic here often (which more times than not lead to someone getting killed). The bad thing is that it's about to get worse, we're supposed to be getting 2 more Commands out of Ga. in the near future.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
he was a dick. but, if youre going to be in uniform you have to have a complete unioform. off duty or not.