Your most iconic movies?

Wanted to start a thread to try and encourage some discussion, get to know each other a little better.
We cant talk music all the time, and there was a time when illmuzik had a sister site dedicated to horror films.

What are the most iconic films in your life, films that really gripped your attention, really made you laugh, scared the living fuck out of you, or just change the way you look at the world.

Ill start with a short list of some of my favorites, films Id watch repeatedly, or that just made a mark on me.

"The Wanderers"
Probably one of the earliest that sticks with me, its about gangs, and there are some really funny parts in it, ended with a big fight at the end, great stuff . Havent seen it since I was less than 10 yrs old, havent seen it since, but I watched it so many times I didnt really need to. Forgotten most of it now though.

"The Blues Brothers"
I fucking love this film. Made me the soul loving outlaw I am today LMFAO. If you havent seen it, watch it.

"Blazing Saddles"
No other scene in movie history have I rewound to play again more times than the beans around the campfire scene, legendary scene, legendary movie, they dont make them like that anymore, nobody and I mean nobody was beyond being made fun of. The world needs more of this kind of comedy, when we stop laughing at ourselves we start taking ourselves too seriously.

"Evil Dead"
I was around 6 to 8 I think I cant remember that far back any more, but this film scared the fuck out of me. Watched it a few years ago and it was shit, but back then as a wee bairn, it scared the living fuck out of me.

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre"
Was 6 when I saw this, it always stuck with me. The hammer at the dining table scene.

I have loads more, but thats a start.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
"Trainspotting"
Just dope! ;):D

"Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels"
I really like how the different story lines wave into each other (Guy Richie is a boss)

"The Usual Suspects"
The plot twist is too good!

"The Big Lebowski"
Because i'm a big fan of dark humor.

"Saving Private Ryan"
The script is very compelling, probably still one of the best movies about WW2 to date.

Of course some of the Tarantino movies (not all)

The Warriors
The Omen- Scared the fuck out of me as a child.
Beverly Hills Cop 1 $ 2
Mad Max Beyond Thunder dome
King Of New York
To many to name but the ones that come to my head off top.

There are just too many movies that I could include here. I love watching movies and tv series. I'll change the rules a little bit here and I'll start with tv series because it's much easier for me and then I will go with movies.

My Top Tv Series:

- Breaking Bad - It's going to be on top of this list no matter what will happen. Watching this series was a life changing experience for me. I never believed that a tv series might change someone or someone's behaviour but Breaking Bad did it to me when I was 21. Not that I started making drugs or something :LOL::LOL::LOL: but I hugely relate to the character of Walter White and his metamorphosis that we observe on the screen. I would say that similar change occurred in me.

- Ślepnąc od świateł (English title: Blinded by the lights) - First polish production for HBO Europe that turned out to be a massive hit. Based on a bestselling book by Jakub Żulczyk it's an eight-episode story charting seven days from the life of a cocaine dealer whose perfectly organized life begins to sink into chaos while he is forced to make the most important choices in his life.
Below is the trailer for English version.

- Świat Według Kiepskich - Below I'm pasting the link to imdb page of this series. It's a polish comedy series and I highly doubt that it would be understandable for people from any other country. And I'm not referring to the language here but general sense of humour portrayed there. Sometimes it refers a lot to the specific events and people from polish history or depicts the typical polish personality traits and therefore it might be difficult to understand for foreigners.

- The Big Bang Theory

- Young Sheldon

Top Movies (at least the ones that come to my mind at the moment):

- Omen (but I'm referring to the first omens from 70s) - this movie was my childhood nightmare. I saw it on tv accidentally when I was 9 or something and "Ave Satani" engraved itself in my mind. Even when I listen to this track today it gives me that weird chills. But coming back to the movie it's an absolute classic in my opinion.

- Terminator 1, 2 - watched it last month for the first time in my life and I deeply regret that I hadn't discovered it earlier as these two movies are great. Further parts are maybe not that great but I like Terminator 3 and Terminator Genisys too. Not great movies but acceptable. The only movie that I hate when it comes to Terminator franchise is that unfortunate Terminator: Salvation with Christian Bale...

gross james van der beek GIF

- Saw (franchise) - I enjoy it very much but if you haven't watched it yet I would recommend finding time, arranging a marathon and watching first four parts in one sitting as they encapsulate the whole story of Jigsaw and intertwine with each other perfectly. Later parts are weird and not that good, but I'm a fan of saw nonetheless. :)

- Cannibal Holocaust (1980) - In October last year I made a challenge for myself and I created a list of horror movies that I intended to watch over that month. One of them was the infamous Cannibal Holocaust that is claimed to be the first gore movie. I'm not a big fan of gore as usually these movies are totally stupid and are based on pointless violence so I didn't expect much from the FIRST gore movie ever created. How surprised I was. Instead of stupid bloody, nonsensical and obscene mess that gore movies evolved into over the years I got pretty deep and very sad movie. :( Cannibals mentioned in the title are actually good characters here that have to defend their culture and families from so called "civilized" people that terrorise and disrespect them. I highly recommend watching it as it might be an interesting experience for you. And as I said, it's pretty sad that gore devolved instead of evolving.

There is so many more but this post is already too long to read lol.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
I remember that Apocalypse Now (redux Version) was for me really an experience. I can't really nail it down but it made me understand the horrors of war and how our very human survival instincts can turn humans into beasts especially when removed from society's boundaries.

Which makes the opening fighting scenes with helicopters and Wagner playing even scarier in hindsight.

The movie has just so many layers.

@Fade, @2GooD Productions how about an Iconic Film/Movie Beat this theme!!!
movie quotes come up in so many battles, its almost like its already a theme lol, for me anyway hahahaha

post it as an idea in the beat this themes thread.
- Saw (franchise) - I enjoy it very much but if you haven't watched it yet I would recommend finding time, arranging a marathon and watching first four parts in one sitting as they encapsulate the whole story of Jigsaw and intertwine with each other perfectly. Later parts are weird and not that good, but I'm a fan of saw nonetheless. :)

- Cannibal Holocaust (1980) - In October last year I made a challenge for myself and I created a list of horror movies that I intended to watch over that month. One of them was the infamous Cannibal Holocaust that is claimed to be the first gore movie. I'm not a big fan of gore as usually these movies are totally stupid and are based on pointless violence so I didn't expect much from the FIRST gore movie ever created. How surprised I was. Instead of stupid bloody, nonsensical and obscene mess that gore movies evolved into over the years I got pretty deep and very sad movie. :( Cannibals mentioned in the title are actually good characters here that have to defend their culture and families from so called "civilized" people that terrorise and disrespect them. I highly recommend watching it as it might be an interesting experience for you. And as I said, it's pretty sad that gore devolved instead of evolving.
Interesting that you mention SAW and Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Holocaust was banned for years and still is in some countries I think. They couldnt be sure if people were hurt in the making of it lol.
I think yes it was one of the first gore movies. Im not much of a fan of it tbh, by the time I saw it it was already very dated.
But SAW and Hostel are the logical conclusions to the gore genre.
Hellraiser is in there with them, but that was more of an evolution along the way.

Shame it took so long for you to see Terminator, again a little dated now. I watched "The Poltergeist" with my ex a few years ago telling her what a great film it was as she'd never seen it, but man its so dated now its just not the same anymore.

I love all the Guy Ritchie films, my ex stole my lock stock and snatch dual special edition dvd. CUNT!!!

Heres some more of my favorites
"Cool Hand Luke" this film has stuck with me my whole life.
"Rocky" franchise.
"Enter The Dragon", "The Game Of Death", "The Big Boss". Bruce changed the world inspired a whole generation to take up martial arts, and now we have MMA, also started my lifelong passion for kung fu films, and eventually Wing Chun.
"Boyz N The Hood" Larry Fishburne to Trey "You are either a leader or a follower, which one are you?", these words changed my life forever.
"Saving Private Ryan" Cant deny the first 30 mins of this movie is brutal and comes the closest to depicting the true horrors of war. Classic film, must watch for anybody that wants revolution or to go to war with their fellow human over bullshit. Its all well and good fighting in the comfort of your homes over a keyboard, but when the realities of war hit, its not all the fun that you thought it would be.

"One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" Mentioned this a few days ago, this opened my eyes to a fraction of the horrors that went on under the guise of psychiatry and "science" absolutely brilliant movie, gets you in the feels.

"Brightburn" This surprised me as it was actually a good horror film in the modern age. Takes the premise of what if superman wasnt a good guy. Gory and pretty brutal film, I enjoyed it, been a while since Ive seen such a decent horror movie.

"Ready Player 1" Really enjoyed this film, been a tech nerd my whole life, this is where we are heading, the transhumanist merging with machines, its what the zuck plans with his metaverse. All that aside, a great film, loads of cultural references throughout and good storyline, this film stood out as a modern gem among mediocrity.

"John Wick" Do I really need to say anything? Isnt it already self evident that the john Wick franchise might just be the best action movie franchise ever, Id put it above the Matrix and thats a fucking achievement, but Im sure people will debate that. My favorite franchise of all time, its just so slick, John Wick one made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up with the "With a fucking pencil!!" line.
I was like fuck yeah!!! "Hes the guy you send to kill the fucking boogeyman"

Last edited:
Shame it took so long for you to see Terminator, again a little dated now.
Honestly, I didn't feel that it was outdated :D Yes, indeed the "special effects" in the first one and some in the second one were funny as hell but the whole vibe of the movie, its plot, music etc were amazing to me :D
"Rocky" franchise.
Love it :D

"Boyz N The Hood" Larry Fishburne to Trey "You are either a leader or a follower, which one are you?", these words changed my life forever.
Plan to watch this one someday as I still haven't seen it. :p

"One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" Mentioned this a few days ago, this opened my eyes to a fraction of the horrors that went on under the guise of psychiatry and "science" absolutely brilliant movie, gets you in the feels.
For me "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" was not that good. :( Of course I get the message but I think that execution could be better. When we talk about psychiatric themes in movies "The Shutter Island" was delightful for me. Great work from Leo.

And when we talk about Leonardo I remember another movie that literally changed my life:

The Wolf of Wall Street :eek:-I started working in sales for some time a few months after I watched this movie and the story of Jordan Belfort had immense impact on me.

Another movies that I watched and which I rated 10/10 are the following:

- Crash (2004)
- Jagten (
with Mads Mikkelsen, don't know the English title)
- Memento ( ;) Although I watched this movie a few years after I came up with my nickname and truthfully this rating is a little bit to high when I look at this movie now)
- Coco (yes, I like animated movies and literally cried like a little boy when I heard "Remember Me" from Coco :p You may laugh at me, I don't care lol )
- Zootopia (whoever came up with the concept for this movie is a freaking genius. period)
- Cinderella Man
- American History X
- The Truman Show
- Scent of a Woman
- Schindler's List
(again I cried at the end)
- Django
- The Lovely Bones
- Rain Man
- Forrest Gump
- Law Abiding Citizen
- The Life and Death of Peter Sellers
(Geoffrey Rush's acting left me speechless, he played about 30 characters in this movie himself!)
- Radio (with Cuba Gooding Jr and Ed Harris, again cried at it)
- I Am Sam
- The Pianist
- The Butterfly Effect

And that's pretty much it. :D Also another movie that made me cry but I didn't rate it 10/10 was The Green Mile.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
There's so many movies that I love. I like a lot of urban/gang/crime stuff and of course, horror. Off the top:

Crime Movies

Boyz n the Hood

Great story, was cool because it was Ice Cube with his first movie and some gang shit. They didn't have to do Ricky like that though.

Menace II Society
When this came out it was like Boyz but much more gritty. Loved it. Still easily of my favorites. I love it when the corny white guy shows up in the hood to give the specifics of what kind of car he wants lol.

Juice
This one. Wow. All around classic. So many great memories. That scene where Q tries to get the girl's number at the record store ahahahaa. That tooth!

American Me
This movie is so dope. What's crazy is the real story behind it - they actually filmed it in Folsom Prison! They said how crazy it was because half the time you didn't know who was who. What's sad though is because of the story line, the Mexican Mafia actually wanted it stopped so they had people killed. Read this shit: https://gangsterreport.com/the-amer...mafia-orders-retribution-for-e-j-olmos-movie/

Horror Movies

Friday the 13th

Of course. IllMuzik would not be possible without Jason. Even though these movies are a bit slow, it always ends up with a big climactic scene and lots of bodies. Jason just can't be killed.

Halloween
Michael Myers is the shit and is still going. Another dude that can't be killed and he's right up there with Jason. These movies have a lot of nice killings in it.

80s Slasher Movies

There's tons of 80s slashers that most people have never seen and it's not for everyone. Half of them are mad cheesy but the other half are dope. They all have pretty much the same setup like some lunatic escapes the asylum and kills random hot sexy teens having a party or a sleepover. Some of these you can find on YouTube.
  • April Fool's Day (1986) - Solid. Funny too.
  • Curtains (1983)
  • Don't Go in the House (1979) - Ronald!!!!
  • Doom Asylum (1987) - Mad cheesy to the point where you just laugh.
  • Final Exam (1981)
  • Fright Night (1985) - Mainstream. Dope.
  • Graduation Day (1981)
  • Happy Birthday to Me (1981) - Well know slasher. Dope ending.
  • He Knows You're Alone (1980)
  • Hide and Go Shriek (1988) - Trapped in a furniture store. One of my favs.
  • Hospital Massacre (1981) - Great nude scene lol.
  • House on Sorority Row (1983) - Classic.
  • Maniac (1980) - That scene. That ONE scene.
  • Massacre At Central High (1976) - Mad corny but hilarious at the same time.
  • Offerings (1989)
  • One Dark Night (1983) - One of my favs.
  • Phantasm movies - Love it. Still don't know what the hell is going on.
  • Pieces (1982) - Great opening scene ahaha.
  • Slumber Party Massacre (1982)
  • The Burning (1981)
  • When A Stranger Calls (1979) - The beginning is so dope.
  • and so many more

Menace II Society
When this came out it was like Boyz but much more gritty. Loved it. Still easily of my favorites. I love it when the corny white guy shows up in the hood to give the specifics of what kind of car he wants lol.

Nothing here yet.

Battle Points: 27
Yo! Some of my fav movies (in no particular order) that havent been mentioned already-

Style Wars
Reservior Dogs
Things to do in Denver when youre Dead
Full Metal Jacket
Ace Ventura
Leon the Professional
Withnail & I
Bone Tomahawk
La Haine

La Haine is actually available on youtube and is an amazing French movie from 1995-

members online