YamahaPSR-Oxy8-Reason HELP???

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I cant seem to figure out why i cant get no sound from my PSR into the reason sequencer, or is that even possible. I got the PSR midi out into the Oxy8 keyboard in, but i cant figure if its the preferences or what???Or will i have to record into cool edit? If so HOW? Any help appreciated.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
MIDI is not sound, therefore you will not hear any through the sequencing connection. You have to hook up your audio outs on the board to the Oxygen8 audio inputs.

T

The Bastard

MIDI is not sound, therefore you will not hear any through the sequencing connection. You have to hook up your audio outs on the board to the Oxygen8 audio inputs.
i dont think the oxy 8 has audio inputs

CyrusPhantasm

ill o.g.
first off.

1. You can't play the audio from your PSR from Reason.. It just doesnt work like that
2. You'll need a sequencing program with a rewire engine to play Reason with your PSR audio
3. Oxygen 8 is only a midi controler. Sorry, no sound. You can also use your PSR for that.
4. I have cool edit but I only use it for altering samples before importing them into reason. I use Pro Tools for everything else...

Let me know EXACTLY what you're trying to do & I may be able to help you out :)

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i kno that, what im tryin to do is dump my drums from reason to cep and cut everything else from my keyboard to cep over the drums.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What the hell is "cep"?

Y'all are right about the Oxygen8, I had it confused with the Ozone.

Kelz, you're missing our point - MIDI is NOT sound, it's data. You will NOT be hearing your music through the MIDI connection.

members online