Wu-Tang Clan ft Ronald Isley 'Back In The Game' (DJ Excellence remix)

Listening again on the monitors and Im sure the vocals drift off as the track goes along, the hook seems to fall behind the beat, by quite a long way.
Did you chop the vocal and then rearrange it or did you leave it as is? Trying to establish if the tempos dont match properly of if its down to the placement of rearranged parts

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 239
Listening again on the monitors and Im sure the vocals drift off as the track goes along, the hook seems to fall behind the beat, by quite a long way.
Did you chop the vocal and then rearrange it or did you leave it as is? Trying to establish if the tempos dont match properly of if its down to the placement of rearranged parts
I left the acapella as is. The beat is 96 bpm, as is the original track. The original has totally different drums, and they don't play a significant part in the composition.

I left the acapella as is. The beat is 96 bpm, as is the original track. The original has totally different drums, and they don't play a significant part in the composition.
I did wonder if it was down to maybe a groove mismatch, Ive had that a lot in the past, sounds like thats what it is then.
Also the difference between 96 and 97 bpms is pretty bloody big by the time you get to the end of the track.

If Im ever confused about getting a vocal to sit right(which is pretty fucking common to be honest), Ill just overlay the original, perfectly on beat with my beat, then match the acapella perfectly to the original, then just remove the original. Then only the groove matching issue will remain, in which case I can micro adjust where needed.
Been doing lots of mashups for my dj mate, so he can use them in his sets. Its one of my most used tricks and makes sure the vocals are EXACTLY where they need to be. Chopping and rearranging an acapella can really fuck up that method as you can no longer match the original.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 239
I did wonder if it was down to maybe a groove mismatch, Ive had that a lot in the past, sounds like thats what it is then.
Also the difference between 96 and 97 bpms is pretty bloody big by the time you get to the end of the track.

If Im ever confused about getting a vocal to sit right(which is pretty fucking common to be honest), Ill just overlay the original, perfectly on beat with my beat, then match the acapella perfectly to the original, then just remove the original. Then only the groove matching issue will remain, in which case I can micro adjust where needed.
Been doing lots of mashups for my dj mate, so he can use them in his sets. Its one of my most used tricks and makes sure the vocals are EXACTLY where they need to be. Chopping and rearranging an acapella can really fuck up that method as you can no longer match the original.
That's a good point. Sometimes when I remix, if I'm not feeling the original drums, I'm very tempted to go a different route (different pattern, swing, or velocity), but a mismatch is a real danger.