wow MPC 2000xl prices going ^

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
classic said:
Man i dident realise how much the price of a 2xl has increased, i bought my 2xl brand new for 1150, back in dec 03 Now im seeing the shit going for 1700. Damn akai, they are fucking people over bad.... I guess they are rasing the price so the 1000 can fill that market niche

class...
Most sites still have that shyt for $1299....but ya thet are fuckin people over with ther price hikes...they know every body tryin to produce now

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I got my 1000 back when it first came out and was $879, now there going for $999. I assumed the 2000xl went up in price since now its made to take flash cards instead of zip disks. But overall Akai is getting over big time.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Ozmosis said:
I got my 1000 back when it first came out and was $879, now there going for $999. I assumed the 2000xl went up in price since now its made to take flash cards instead of zip disks. But overall Akai is getting over big time.

nahh the flash shouldent make it hike that much, i boght a flash card reader for $40 and installed it in 10min(just an IDE plug in). I think its more of a marketing thing.

class...

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't know no places that has it for any price other than the 1799 retail price. If there is such a place that has it for cheaper must still some of the old bage 2000 xl. To me its just not worth it. But people are still getting them because of the hype. I really feel for anybody with a blue 2000 xl cause they got rip off so bad and the resale value aint gona be worth shyt. The mpc 1k price went up but that didn't help the resale value. You can get a 1k on ebay for around 200 dollars less than the original price 899. Compare to what's out there the 2k xl blue meanie is noth worth it.

E

Equality 7-2521

i heard the price has gone up because they have been discontinued. bout time too. theres better shit around for the money these days.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
Equality 7-2521 said:
i heard the price has gone up because they have been discontinued. bout time too. theres better shit around for the money these days.

they sell the MCD MPC2000xl for $1700 thats the only ones they have now i been in all the stores thru out NYC but u right they have discontinued but some poeple bring in used MPC imma just wait til one finds itz way to the Guitar Center

P

pete10k

actually you can find the blue mpc-mcd model cheap. you just gotta look.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
The 1k and 2kxl are worth the same on the secondhand market, 2kxl sometimes a bit more. The price differences between the mcd and 2kxl are just rediculous, you'd be a fool to spend that money when there's no difference at all except for the paintjob.

Jacpot

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
The 1k and 2kxl are worth the same on the secondhand market, 2kxl sometimes a bit more. The price differences between the mcd and 2kxl are just rediculous, you'd be a fool to spend that money when there's no difference at all except for the paintjob.

Some people like their gear to be new when they get it (myself). I dont buy any music equipment used

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
A note to any MPC virgin thinking about buying an MPC......If you pay $1260 dollars for a 2000xl like I did, ur a moron who just wasted ur damn money.

The 2000xl is a beautiful instrument, and I would never ever sell it, but the thing is worth $700 tops. If anyone pays more, well then they're just plain getting ripped off. I wish Akai didnt do business like my father.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Some people like their gear to be new when they get it (myself). I dont buy any music equipment used

Yeah, I was gonna buy a used MPC [from Jacpot, actually] but then I decided I wanted a new one - I don't know why, but that way it would feel like the MPC always was mine, y'knawmean? I can grow with it.

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
A note to any MPC virgin thinking about buying an MPC......If you pay $1260 dollars for a 2000xl like I did, ur a moron who just wasted ur damn money.

The 2000xl is a beautiful instrument, and I would never ever sell it, but the thing is worth $700 tops. If anyone pays more, well then they're just plain getting ripped off. I wish Akai didnt do business like my father.

I feel what you're saying, but you have to think, 99.9 percent of producers want an "MPC" (don't lie to yourself people, you know ya'll do, lol), so of course the price is going to be jacked up at least 20% than what it's worth. That's with any product, whether it be clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc. When i bought the 2kxl, the only reason i felt ripped off was because it came with very little memory. I had to dish out another 100 bucks for memory and installation, but it's all worth it to me. It forces you to learn your equipment inside and out because you knew the sacrifices you had to make to purchase it. Matter of fact, i'm so addicted to the "MPC", i'm working on buying a 3rd one. (A used one though) I bought the 4000 a year ago and gave the 2kxl to my brother. It's dummies like me that make "Akai" jack the prices up. (lol)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.

word, i got 2 xl's new when they just came out but we're sometime ahead now and dont particularly see/hear peeps bitchin off the 60, 3k, sp12 etc..shit, there's heeps of mint conditions xl's for half the mcd, second, reality shows that most cats are tied to a budget so cheaper for good stuff is always welcome.

Its funny and a good catch, the same shit with every mpc release, people buy it and then sell it due impatience or when realising "they" need to the miracle work, not the mpc. I'll leave the 2kxl and 4k as an exception as they're both completly different from their former models but noobs also purchase them lol.

O

open mind

WTF this is the first time i read that hardware prices go up instead of going down.?!`? they know that wanna bs will buy it at any cost just to say they got an mpc.lol

members online