Work with "used" samples?

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
How do you think about beats that are based on loops that have already been used in older productions?
I happen to find lot of wicked stuff that has been used again, but don´t feel like using exaclty the same loop over again. I don´t want people to think, oh it´s the loop from dialated peoples or what ever.

How do you feel about this issue? Today I even heard a track on the radio that used the same loop as the beatnuts did - i was shocked. I don´t wanna take this thread to "keeping it real", "back to the roots" or other stuff - just your opinions

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I don't know, theres millions of samples that haven't been used.. there's amazing samples everywhere, you just have to be creative, listen to the whole record.. I don't think it's bad to use something that's been used before, just flip it another way or somethin.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I aint really down with that, it kinda takes the magic away.. especially if you know its been used before. If you use a loop and you didnt know its been used, thats cool.. but otherwise forget it. Unless you just wanna fuck around and see what you can do with it.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
it all depends like if its not an important thing. i mean if u make a beat with going the distance from the rocky soundtrack thats ridiculous kus thats basically the entire track of victory by puff daddy nah mean. all depends on what it is and how its used.