With all that Travis Scott news

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Travis Scott can suck a giant Dick. His “music” is rather terrible. How do you see paramedics in the pit and not stop the show. Rage against the machine stops shows, Metallica stops shows, beastie boys stopped shows. Hell I have stopped a few shows myself over the years and I ain’t shit. There is no excuse for a “performer” to do what he did.

Travis Scott can suck a giant Dick. His “music” is rather terrible. How do you see paramedics in the pit and not stop the show. Rage against the machine stops shows, Metallica stops shows, beastie boys stopped shows. Hell I have stopped a few shows myself over the years and I ain’t shit. There is no excuse for a “performer” to do what he did.
Well, with all due respect I have to disagree with this... It's easy to lynch Scott now when he's being called some sort of the public enemy by media right now, calling him an idiot or something not knowing what was happening behind the scenes.

Firstly, in my opinion it is not his fault that this kind of thing happened. People who organised this concert, monitored it and provided security for this should have done it better. Someone could have contacted Scott and told him that something's happening. From what I know nobody did it and it would be much easier to prevent dangerous situations from happening as an artist have "more power" than some guy from tech team or something.

Secondly, stop putting all these rock bands as some kind of role models for how shows should be stopped where in 1988 in Donington Park during Monsters of Rock fest, two teenagers died due to the same causes as in case of Travis Scott. Another example is Pearl Jam. During their concert in Roskilde, Denmark, 9 people died of the same cause as in case of Travis Scott and 43 got hurt. Nobody prevented it and nobody stopped the crowd at the right time. I bet there were many other situations that I could mention here but it's easier to lynch some rapper that is hated all over the media at the moment...

Lastly, try to gain control over the 50 thousand people crowd.

Good luck with that.

Annoyed GIFs | Tenor

As I mentioned, it's easy to judge someone not knowing the whole context behind it. If the investigation reveals that it was Scott's fault then I'm okay with that. But until then I reckon that it was fault of security and people responsible for the organisation of that gig.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah but there's plenty of video of him performing for over 30 minutes AFTER seeing the ambulance. He was even asking what was going on and then said "put your middle finger to the sky" or whatever, then continued with his autotune music.

Plus he's done this before, even got arrested for inciting a riot a few years ago.

He's a piece of shit.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
There @thedreampolice are excuse(s) for what he did and they are: ignorance and money. About his music, Travis and others of his ilk are emblematic of the lowering of standards for what constitutes a "performance:" unintelligible non-vocals, Auto-Tune, etc. and while I get everything isn't for everyone and everything has an audience, but this emo, disaffected I'm not really a rapper shtick is played. I'm convinced none of today's "music" will last beyond social media memes, etc.

Travis @Fade ain't the only piece of shit rapper, it's the majority of all so-called "artists" nowadays at least the ones getting all the TMZ-type press. Fuck him and the generation of rap karaoke posers.

I @Memento Beats hate how people have what I call cultural amnesia as if MJ back in the day didn't have fans passing out in crowds and mob mentality behavior e.g. fans getting trampled, etc.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@Memento Beats the difference is that those bands you mentioned stopped the show and tried to help. Travis Scott saw the paramedics in the pit and did nothing. The police department even warned him before the show that they thought it was a dangerous situation. As an artist he disrespected his fan to the point of their own death. A performers job literally is to hold the audience in the palm of your hand, so controlling 50k people is tough, for sure but stop the show. Kick out a few instigators and people will calm down.

Oh and for the record I hated Travis Scott long before all this. He is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with hip hop.

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah of course people have been trampled in the past, even sporting events, but it's just this guy's done shit like this before.

What I noticed though is not just him but the behavior of the fans. Holy shit what a mess. Way back during the "Jump Around" phase in the 90s, we just jumped. These fans are going ape shit without a care in the world. I even heard about some guy had his 9 year old on his shoulders and they got hurt. The kid's in a coma. Terrible.