Will you lose respect for the SCRATCH if they interview the Laffy Taffy dude???

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
You know the section where it has : a producer showcase and they say what beat he did recently??? Well if they put that guy for that laffy taffy song and not another one (cuz maybe he did great songs), i will lose respect for the Scratch.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
Its only a interview.. Its not like they are saying that the song is Grammy winning material.. I don't think that its that serious

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I would never hate scratch for something like that. That magazine is definitly the best out right now (IMO). That beat sucks but I think that was Mr. Colipark's whole plan. To make a catchy ass melody (as lame as it is) and a bangin drum pattern for the strip club. They already did an article on him in one of the earlier issues.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
I don't really like the beat, but I admire it's simplicity. My girl doesn't even like rap, but she's sings that song when it comes on and she likes the beat. So I guess even though some of us don't like it, doesn't mean it's not good in its own way.

I wouldn't lose respect for Scratch because there is something to say about simplicity.

Ctrl

ill o.g.
I think its mostly just producers and beat makers that hate that laffy taffy beat because they spend so much time on their music and to see something so simplistic make it big they take it as a slap in the face, all my friends and many people i know love that song though jus because its so stupid and catchy. sometimes simplistic shit just works. I like that song better than alot of the other shit thats on the radio the song grew on me

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
classic said:
MR college park did laffy taffy(same guy who did ying yang wisper song)

and he has been in scratch a number of times
Damn i didnt know that.......I already was kinda pissed how he is playin out motif's presets....but if he is responsible for that abomanation known as laffy taffy i am quite dissapointed...

classic said:
remix mAG is WAY better then scratch just ask anybody who suscribes to both
There is actually a collipark interveiw in remix too

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
...i wud

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
classic said:
MR college park did laffy taffy(same guy who did ying yang wisper song)

and he has been in scratch a number of times

remix mAG is WAY better then scratch just ask anybody who suscribes to both

Really? I remember that scratch interview. Damn that dude sucks hard : laffy taffy, probably did that new D4L joint "Betcha Can't", Whisper Song, Play ??? I guess he's making lot of money with the spins these records get but..i couldn't never look at dude seriously

How is Remix Mag better? I never read it, but i heard it doesn't just focus on hiphop, i wouldn't want to pay money and have a magasine talking about dance and techno

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Remix is better casue it actually teaches you on stuff, from recording tips to PT tutorials,to drum tutorials,chopping tutorials, home studio setup advice....
there is always new stuff in their and its not geard towards newbs, its for experinced producers, also remix focusins on eletronic production as a whole so u get ideas from differnt gener's of music, Not to mention is monthly AND on time,

You dont learn shit reading scratch expect who is using what.....

Remix just a much better magazine all around, i still go back and read back issues,
if yall check out an issue or remix u will see exaclty what im talking about

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
classic said:
Remix is better casue it actually teaches you on stuff, from recording tips to PT tutorials,to drum tutorials,chopping tutorials, home studio setup advice....
there is always new stuff in their and its not geard towards newbs, its for experinced producers, also remix focusins on eletronic production as a whole so u get ideas from differnt gener's of music, Not to mention is monthly AND on time,

You dont learn shit reading scratch expect who is using what.....

Remix just a much better magazine all around, i still go back and read back issues,
if yall check out an issue or remix u will see exaclty what im talking about

my scratch has never been late

remix mag is ok its just that they talk about a lot of stuff most hip hop heads dont care about

but they do drop a jewels every now and then

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'll be sure to check out Remix

But, I don't see that as a reason to lose respect for Scratch. Who cares if they interview him? I'd only lose respect if they had as a title for the article "THE GREATEST PRODUCER ALIVE" I'd have to hunt down all the employees of scratch for that.