Why the Illmuzik.com/illradio Carolina shows are important to the Carolinas.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
So I am "networking" on FB the other day (And by networking I mean fuckin clickin links and listenin ,who apparently no one ever does, to artists then hitting up the cats that sound good to submit) and so I drop some messages to some guys.
A few send some trax that are good, a few subpar , but there was one organisation who REALLY sounded like they are the people who do ALL the radio ID commercials and shit no matter where you live at but they had artists and were on a 704 page so I had hit em up.
Turns out they are pretty big ish as I had expected being as they recorded alot of the guys that I play on the show when they were in the Triangle (which imo has prolly the best artists when it comes to general exceptibility in the hiphop community) but anyway...
I end up talking to dude on the phone.. Whoopie right?
Point being is they cant believe we are doing a show like this.. FREE.

Dude is prolly worth alot iono , hes cool with me like most people at this point but the factthat we arent CHARGING people seemed like an alien concept to them..

THEN..(like an hour later at work) My man jayville that I play on the shows on the reg (and is apparently spun in the ATL on the reg) I happened to run into him and was raggin him about not sending more mp3s in , HE tells me that one of these DJs on the local radio station had hit him wanting Jay to pay him $100 and SIGN A CONTRACT so that this DJ gets paid EVERYTIME JAY gets played in the future......
Now wait now this is all coming together..
firstly JAY GOT money so thats not the problem ok, but a contract????
uh like we would all say uh hell nah..
SO guess what ?? BLACK LISTED
Dude wont let ANY DJ up there play him....This frm the station THAT WAS CREATED TO BE THE STATION THAT ACTUALLY HELPS CAROLINA ARTISTS..

nOW.. oKAY HANG IN THERE...

This has been par for the course since I have been in highschool fellas,.
It IS actually a conspiracy...
IF YOU PISS OFF THE program director at 98 (not where this paticualr DJ was from dude was from GIV apparently) and think you are going to dip down to Colombia SC to get played ....SORRY!! Those two are peas in a pod and NOW you wont get played at all.

Hmm
I say all that to say this:

THERE ARE VERY FEW OUTLETS FOR ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE CAROLINAS.
I dont think I have to go into the illeagality of payola , meaning pay to play at a club or on the radio, but IT IS NOT ONLY ALIVE AND WELL HERE BUT PAR FOR THE COURSE...
THIS is why this website is VERY important to these artists and the culture for the area period!
Dude was kinda silent and trippin when I tld him that the canadians were supporting it more than all the radio stations in both States stations.

Fam I believe in getting it out so much I :
A) Dont get paid for it (obvoiusly Fade is Soooo Cheap lol) And care nothing about this at this point
B) I buy business cards with this website on them and info on how to submitshit to it and WANT ideas on how to expand this shit.

NO ONE IS DOING THIS HERE(here = Carolinas)..... NAH not like Illmuzik fellas.
If you look at our roster there are quite a few Carolina cats on here and frankly BIG mofofs are trippin that we are doing this.
Thats for now , its only a few shows in , we NEED this outlet the GD radio conspiracy and the politics are just pure eliminated here to get on this show..
Thats unheard of around here, its why talented people quit or go to CA and come back bigtime. No love.
Anyway I wanted yall to know its REAL important and its gonna take awhile before its out like it oughta be and if I had a shitload of money Id build some real ass shit(real ass shit= a radio station that plays just us) and play only us (meaning all of ill) but in the meantime thanks Fade and wanted yall to know/get feedback.

Oh and it wont be long before someone steals this idea, so I gotta get to the clubs and crap around the area some more and push this Ill shit.

OH and Def Jam JUST opened up shop here, most of us here are flippin coins between FUCK EM and ok lets get signed.. Depending on where ya at in ya life lol.

SO MY CACAKLACKA CATS LETS PROMOTE ILL AND ALL OF US AND FRIGGIN GO OUT FIND TALENT AND SEND IT IN FAH CRYIN OUT LOUD.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
HA ! NAVY man here! SEE? You think I forget I do not sir!

However yeah, lets send in the entries and help poromote us! Thanks for the first entry on this thread!

Why yall shit talkers aint post shit talkin ish??! lol
I say that with love though .. Cuz my people on here ususally just talk crap and keep it movin.
I would REALLY like to get Stress and Raw Nature and alotta guys playin down here, it would actually fit in , just aint got those funds yet

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Man that's a crazy story! Of course everyone has heard of the payola thing but it's something when you hear an actual story from an artist that's just trying to get played. And we're not talking about a big name artist either, that's what annoys the shit outta me even more! Like you're saying, they're supposed to be supporting local acts and help them get exposure, instead they're blacklisting them. I wonder if there's a big black book that each DJ has with all the names in it, LOL. That would be something to steal and post online to expose these fucks.

Look, we can all agree that by helping one another out, it benefits all of us. I help you promote your album, you might get lucky and get major exposure, then BOOM it comes back to ILL as the source.

So with this radio show, you're damn right it's a big deal because like you said - there's no love in the industry. Just because everyone's getting paid through payola shit, doesn't mean that it's right and that we need to do that too!

One thing that would be good too would be to get these guys on this site as members. Get them interested in signing up here and becoming part of ILL, instead of us just playing their music. If this is how big of a deal it is to NC then we could dedicate an entire section of the forum to just NC music so they can post there and not have to worry about any interference from members that have nothing in common with them. In other words, give these NC artists a home.

Relic, we'll chat some more, send me PM and we can possibly set this up better for you to receive music from these artists. I appreciate the effort you're putting into the show, again, it all comes full circle for everyone.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Fade I put Hater City As my location at one time because TAHT is the culture that that is waay prevelaent.. NONE of these people would EVER be in the same room because the station actually cultivate a murderous atmosphere if ANY of us get together unless they are getting paid.
Thats the truth.
THIS broadcast is ACTUAL freedom , because we eleminate the politics.
Its Waaay ahead of its curve....

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Wouldn't having an NC/SC section make some people cry for a section dedicated to their state/city/borough? I'd say do short doc. on the NC/SC situation, basically the same as the original post, maybe a bit more fleshed out. Get some more info if possible and bring it all part of the overall vid.

Take it to a higher level to really show anyone, especially those in the Carolina's that IllMuzik is the spot to go to, fuck all the bullshit with DJ's that aren't local like they claim to be.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
THERE ARE VERY FEW OUTLETS FOR ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE CAROLINAS.
I dont think I have to go into the illeagality of payola , meaning pay to play at a club or on the radio, but IT IS NOT ONLY ALIVE AND WELL HERE BUT PAR FOR THE COURSE...
THIS is why this website is VERY important to these artists and the culture for the area period!
Dude was kinda silent and trippin when I tld him that the canadians were supporting it more than all the radio stations in both States stations.

Fam I believe in getting it out so much I :
A) Dont get paid for it (obvoiusly Fade is Soooo Cheap lol) And care nothing about this at this point
B) I buy business cards with this website on them and info on how to submitshit to it and WANT ideas on how to expand this shit.

NO ONE IS DOING THIS HERE(here = Carolinas)..... NAH not like Illmuzik fellas.
If you look at our roster there are quite a few Carolina cats on here and frankly BIG mofofs are trippin that we are doing this.
Thats for now , its only a few shows in , we NEED this outlet the GD radio conspiracy and the politics are just pure eliminated here to get on this show..
Thats unheard of around here, its why talented people quit or go to CA and come back bigtime. No love.
Anyway I wanted yall to know its REAL important and its gonna take awhile before its out like it oughta be and if I had a shitload of money Id build some real ass shit(real ass shit= a radio station that plays just us) and play only us (meaning all of ill) but in the meantime thanks Fade and wanted yall to know/get feedback.

Oh and it wont be long before someone steals this idea, so I gotta get to the clubs and crap around the area some more and push this Ill shit.

OH and Def Jam JUST opened up shop here, most of us here are flippin coins between FUCK EM and ok lets get signed.. Depending on where ya at in ya life lol.

SO MY CACAKLACKA CATS LETS PROMOTE ILL AND ALL OF US AND FRIGGIN GO OUT FIND TALENT AND SEND IT IN FAH CRYIN OUT LOUD.

There arent alot of outlets in alot of markets, DC is like this also. You either kiss ass or you stay underground or you move (and if you move you cant claim DC because you didnt make it IN DC etc etc It gets convoluted).

ILL and the internet in general IS the only resource.

Wouldn't having an NC/SC section make some people cry for a section dedicated to their state/city/borough? I'd say do short doc. on the NC/SC situation, basically the same as the original post, maybe a bit more fleshed out. Get some more info if possible and bring it all part of the overall vid.

Take it to a higher level to really show anyone, especially those in the Carolina's that IllMuzik is the spot to go to, fuck all the bullshit with DJ's that aren't local like they claim to be.

It will, and make people ask why NC over my city/state. Then there will either be regional grudges against the site, or against artists in diff regions.

A Doc is a good idea also

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm not saying I WILL have a NC section, I'm just saying that if we bring a bunch of these guys here that it needs to be more welcoming some way. Anyway, it would be great to have these artists come over here because the radio show definitely has lots of potential.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Yeah in NO way am I shitting on any other section of the country , I love all the hiphop I hear from you guys here.
I just kinda ended up doing this show out of accident.
Sure everybody would want their own thing, but I live in NC came up around here and see the atrocities that go on with the music.
I'm just promoting Ill and trying to get the very varied sound out.
Feel free to do a show on your own section , bleef me Ill DL it, but you will be surprised at how hard it is to get people to send their music ! lol
People post youtube links all over pages but never take time to actually READ or listen to what someone else has posted!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Its all love

lol People post youtube links all over pages but never take time to actually READ or listen to what someone else has posted!

This is TOOO true! Especially in situations where its FOR the artist

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Relic, while the radio is the problem the people here make the shit worst. These muthafukkas don't get excited for nothing. NC has alot to offer to the entertainment industry. It's no reason we have 5-6 cities with populations in the millions and nobody can actually blow and thats not even including Charlotte. NC has NFL,NBA, and NHL teams NCAA basketball on lock and 2 of the fastest growing cities in Americas but, we cant get any support from the people here. Even if the radio gave you the green light the people still gotta show and prove call that muthafukka and make them play the shit. Relic, you got my support in RDU. I think you should probably live stream the show and have guest. I'm trying to be a fixture in Charlotte my self. Let me know if theres anything I can do to help.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
i really don't post anymore because i disagree with a lot of mfs on here. but relic, i live in charlotte too, and have experienced this shit first had. i spoke with eddie owens a few years ago outside of a club. had him listen to some tracks. he SAID he was feeling them, all the while complaining about how he was trying to get on himself. went to a couple clubs and handed some cds to the dj and was met with the "well how much are you going to give me to play this?"

i completely agree with what you're saying. i think that what you're doing is a good thing. keep pushing that shit as much as you can.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
KNOX- Send me some music and get everyone you know and like to send me music. Live stream is something that has been floated at me as well, My friend Rok 6 I think has left the show because we ARENT live streaming. Im not opposed to it, I like to give people something to DL though and I dont have a deadline per se, I have never done it but am sure it could be done but Fade and I will need to talk more on it, we need feed back on the show ideas like this are good to see in here.

Finnigan- I feel you man, I dont FUX with PEG at ALL.. Totally corrupt imo, they are the reason really Im trying to create this outlet and its surprising how quickly copycats are springing up everywhere, but as far as I know this is the original. GIV let me down by going the payola route. Support man! Listen to the show and send in music, not just YOUR music (your ini the plural sense) but everyone you know and like DL the show, bang it in the ride! At parties!
Thats how these artists will get heard!... For now...

Send trax to charlottehiphopradio@gmail.com