Why do people buy Apple products?

Ask most apple users why they use iPhone "cause it's the best" then ask why is it the best they will reply "oh i dunno it just is".

You get a similar experience with a lot of FL users. (Not the ones with intelligence who actually made that choice out of preference) but most will go "FL is the best all other daws are trash" and they have nothing informing their opinion, other than some other 12 year olds told them to get it in some YouTube video.
"FL Studio is the best"

Oh, what other DAW's have you tried?

"What is a DAW?"

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
I've always been the opinion that Apple is only good if you're buying their Mac pro tower. Those actually have adequate cooling, and honestly the price to performance ratio is quite a bit closer to on-par with a pre-built system with the same components (provided you don't buy their 1000 dollar monitor stand that is just an L shaped peice of brushed aluminum). Sure it's more expensive, but not as much as you would think (Granted I could build a PC with the same parts for cheaper).

Having said that, I hate apple. They have a long history of putting out defective products and denying that they're defective. The amount of laptops they have that don't even hit their maximum potential due to insanely insufficient cooling meaning that under even a moderate load it hits 100ºC and the CPU thermal throttles immediately is unacceptable (particularly the one where the cooling fan is nowhere near the heat pipes, and doesn't cool anything in particular). What about the iphone that would bend in your pocket to the point that it broke the LCD panel? Or the fact that they put the power line right next to the CPU line on their macbooks so if anything spilled on it it would fry the processor instantly? Or the iMac that Linus Tech Tips fried by taking apart because the assholes didn't cover the PSU inside the body of it? Anyone who's good with tech knows that eventually they'll have to take it apart to clean the dust out of it. Especially on a computer with very little cooling capability. I had to do that with my laptop, and it made it run substantially better afterwards because it was no longer throttling itself so it didn't melt the silicon and die. Asus made that easy. Unscrew the bottom panel and pull off the back vent ports and you have instant access to the heat fins.

They also rode the coat tails of the "Macs don't get viruses" meme for a long time, too, when in reality it was because the majority of people owned PCs, so it wasn't as effective coding something to attack a mac. I still hear it once in a while, despite it being less true now than ever before. Their right to repair problems are an obvious one, especially considering the fact that their "Genius Bar" have been caught on an insane scale blatantly lying to their customers about what was wrong with the computer so they would just buy a new one. Thats where the major problem with them is. They don't want you to have a capable product. They want you to have the hint of capability while also forcing you to purchase the newest product the moment something goes wrong with it, a lot of which is due to poor design.

That just leaves the big thing with music oriented usage. The only reason Apple is considered better is because there's platform exclusivity that is completely invented out of nothing, and is part of the only reason that most creative workstations use mac. That in and of itself is a shady business practice that I can't get behind.

Macs have always been the computer for people who are new to computers. They're simple, they do computery things, and they aren't bogged down by finer details on OS customization. Granted Windows has been steadily sliding down that shit covered rabbit hole for a long time.

Last edited:

members online