Where do you get your sounds from?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Whutup people,

I'm just wondering where you get the majority of the sounds from that you use in your music.

At the moment I get my sounds;

80% soundfonts
20% samples
0% keyboards
0% live instruments

How about y'all?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Right now I'm getting everything from samples. Usually I get about:

30% samples
40% keys/sound module
the rest from various (soundfonts)

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
im trying to come up with a new approach, so im going to say..

50% samples
40% live instruments
10 Keys/soundfonts

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
id say i use

50% samples
25% live instruments
25% soundfont/individual drum sounds that get sequenced

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
cool, I just wanted to get an idea of this. I think I'm gonna sample more and experiment with live instruments and keyboards in the near future.

peace

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think:

80% Samples

19%EMU Proteus 1000

1% playing "live" (sampling myself making bubbles with a straw and a glass of water, shit like that ;) )

C

Copenhagen

5% my own sounds...Ryebread for your stomach makes good crunchy sub-basses...lol!
15% samples...
80% drum kits, keys, refills etc.

B

Briellz

60% Vinyls
30% Modules
10% My mouth/Beat Boxing on the track

johnbeans

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
my sounds

30% originality
30% skillz
40% drums and bass, shit dat's wut counts

B

BeatTRibe

25% 505 drum machine (sometimes live, sometimes not)
50 % live instruments
25% samples

and 200% perspiration/inspiration

M

Millenium

Have to say

50% instrument samples and 50% lyrics! I want to get to know soundfonts more but I usually grab a pack here and a pack there until I have a whole section! You name it and I might have it! I've built fruityloops into a beast of a unit! I rarely use any of the stock samples that come with the program! I bought Magix Music Studio Delux 5.0 back in the day and it had some of the illest samples I've heard! Real crisp! As a matter of fact I think it came with a thousand samples on one disc and 500 on the other! I just put them in a file in my F.L. directory and it turned it into a whole different program! Type of music to get lost in! Sit and just scroll and find what you like! Then change it and make it your sound! Stay Up

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
greenbags of funk, thea , ATC & co analogues, a virus, some roland modules, piles of rekkids, Sampling discs ( drums ) except 808/909/606, I derrive them from the drumstation/TR606. And dad plays classic flamenco, real practical sound source. I also sample drums from a friend who has a nice drumming studio and sometimes I get a sax player involved. Then theres the djs, 2 of them.

I bought Magix Music Studio Delux 5.0 back in the day and it had some of the illest samples

You should be banned LOL!

M

Millenium

Of Course

Actually I could tell you exactly what I would use out of all the samples that come with F.L.! Believe me their not many! Never the less they are considered samples, because someone in the beginning actually played them on some piece of equipment! What you do with the software is what counts!

M

Millenium

Why Should I Be Banned

because I use what I have available and turn them into something that's my own, just like most people! I never said they were the best samples, but they are ill in the way I intend to use them! If you want a sample of what I do with what's at hand I'll post a beat or two I've made and let you check it out! One thing I can say is that I dont sample from other artists! I make the beats, baselines, melodies, and structure myself! Most of those drumkits you named are crap anyway! the tr606 is a piece of garbage! Realistically Rolands great Name to Fame was the 808 and the TR-808! Even the TR909 is not something I would ever use for hip hop let alone the 606 or 707!