What movies are you watching: Halloween Edition

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
7683.jpg

A decent fun romp, I didn't know what to expect. It's kind of this weird Cinderella story where she's dead and there's some crazy kung fu action. I dozed off towards the end, but it was a decent. Not horror though, more of a comedy/action.

the-prowler-dvd-cover-art.jpg

Awesome movie that I hadn't seen before. Reminds me a lot of My Bloody Valentine with the dude in the military getup with the helmet. Some wicked kill scenes and some good special fx from Savini. Highly recommended.

Going to add more films as I watch them. What movies do you guys have lines up for Halloween?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Haven't seen the Prowler in a while, I should check that again.

I'll probably watch some cool stuff like The Fog, Halloween, stuff like that. I don't know, I like to watch creepy flicks on Halloween, rather than just slasher stuff.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
No doubt. I mix up my movies all the time. I will post my next blurb in a few hours.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Just watched Curse of Chucky... not a great flick. Stick with the first two.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Na man, Chucky was missing his charm from the first few flicks. It's like Child's Play took a sleeping pill and this is what came of it. I'd give it a 4/10, and that's only because of Brad Dourif

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I really enjoyed the conjuring, cliches and all, it was a nice change from all the torture horror and other awful stuff they've put out in the last few years

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I watched The Purge last night. Awful. Towards the end I was actually saying, "wtf" because of how sick the movie is. I know it's just a movie, but all this hardcore violence/gore stuff is really too much. They mind as well just start releasing snuff films.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
That's why I liked the conjuring so much, there's none of that. Just old school horror really. I mean, the staircase scene is my favorite in the movie, nice brooding horror. I have the purge but haven't watched it yet, I will likely avoid it now haha.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Awesome, I'm happy you liked it. Definitely one of the finer slices of horror in recent years. Most of recent horror is garbage, so this was a nice change.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I really hope that directors and producers use The Conjuring as an example on how to make movies today. I'm not saying they should copy it because then it would just water things down, but use it as motivation. A big part of the movie was the music, it was really good.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
im not good at this, i feel like spock, nothing is logical when it comes to these movies.
Like with each encounter the person is alone, you'd assume they'd all recognize the fact that they should stick together but noooooo *facepalm.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ya I know what you mean, but you can't watch movies like that otherwise you would never enjoy them. Especially comedies, the shit is so unrealistic.