What Is Your Favorite TV Show of All Time?

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
For me, It's The Wire. The writing was superb, the action was decent, and to me it rates off the charts in realism. But the characters steal the show. I've never watched a show with as many characters of substance than Wire. Characters that draw you in. Check it.

Omar Little- your local sociopathic, openly gay armed robber.

Marlo Stanfield- the most ruthless, yet disciplined (never drank or smoked) and clear thinking drug kingpin I've ever seen on the screen.

Det. Jimmy Mcnulty- your local alcoholic, whore-mongering detective who thinks he's always the smartest person in the room.

Det. Lester Freamon- old school career policeman, and usually the smartest person in the room.

Det. Bunk Moreland- see Mcnulty, subtract some of the whore-mongering, and add cholcolate.

Chris- Marlo's righthand man, stone cold killer.

Snoop- Chris' main gun. Also, she's a chick.

That's 6 characters deep, each a staple of the show, each detailed, but each one replaceable. What show do you know that can replace 2 or 3 main characters, and not miss a beat? I haven't even named main characters like Kima, Avon Barksdale, Stinger Bell, Prop Joe, Michael, Cheese or Slim Charles. Honorable mention to Dexter,Boardwalk Empire, the Office, Good Times, Martin, Spartacus and The Cosby Show, but The Wire reigns supreme.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
DP is right, Twilight Zone is classic... but I also have a soft spot for Friday the 13th: The Series (not to be confused with the movies of the same name). So it's a toss up between those two.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
The Wire is close to unbeatable. Omar Little, being gay, walking around with a shotgun and scaring the shit out of gangsters. Snoop, lunatic girl you don't want to meet in the wrong place at the wrong time. Ignorant Bunk ("you know what they call a guy that pays so much attention to his clothes?" "yeah, a grown up") :D and the list goes on, great.
I also liked Serenity, and the Sopranos. Some episodes of It's Always Sunny were epic too...
Anyone ever watched Twin Peaks? I wonder if it's as good as some people say.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Twin Peaks was pretty awesome, not everyone liked it, but I thought it was good. It kinda takes a downward slope towards the end of the series, but the show was really well done.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I also recommend the show "Riget", a great show from 1994 from Denmark.

The Kingdom is the most technologically advanced hospital in Denmark, a gleaming bastion of medical science. A rash of uncanny occurrences, however, begins to weaken the staff's faith in science--a phantom ambulance pulls in every night, but disappears; voices echo in the elevator shaft; and a pregnant doctor's fetus seems to be developing much faster than is natural. At the goading of a spiritualist patient, some employees work to let supernatural forces rest.

It's a pretty wicked show and can be unsettling at times. Highly recommended!

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think you have to put them in categories to really compare.
Fresh Prince and Seinfeld are def my two fav sit coms of all time.
Curb your enthousiam is def my favorite comedy show these days( they are not done the same format as old sit coms)
The Sopranos have always been my favorite but now because of the story arc and uniqueness and the characters my favorite show of all time is now

BREAKING BAD