What Do You Do?

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
So what do you guys do when not doing the usuals like work, rest, making beats or playing a game system? Usually I pack the family and we go for a ride. Ft. Bragg is not really a tourist attraction but downtown Fayetteville has a few good things to offer. Every 4th Friday, they block off the streets downtown and vendors from everywhere come out and set up tables to sell homemade stuff.

A lot of them are artist that have a skill at drawing, painting or whatever. You can find some talented people down there. They usually have a mini concert featuring some of our local talent, belly dancers, karate schools demonstrating their skills, dance schools, cheerleaders and my favorite...jam sessions...

Cats come out, form a circle, break out instruments and just jam! Congo's, Bongo's, Drums, horns, guitars or whatever. Ish is pretty dope, one day I'll record it and post it up so y'all can check it out. I mean it's anybody that wants to play. I've seen kids throwing down with adults. Once I even saw this cat break out some turntables, plug up in one of the stores and just wild out on them...lol.

Very few fights, most of these people are very eclectic folks and are just looking to have a good time. This one dude brought a 185lb. dog, biggest dog I've ever seen in my life. My daughter took pictures beside it. The guy said the dog was the biggest of it's breed and held several records. I forget what it was but it was an Australian dog, white with long curly hair.

What do you cats do?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Hahaha All I do is Studio and food. Sometimes sleep lol.. sorry

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I'm really interested in the urban environment, so I usually canvas the city with a camera and take as many shots as I can. I find that the city is a treasure trove of unwritten history, there's so many things to see that people don't normally take notice, especially when everything moves so fast these days. I try to appreciate as much as I can. For instance, most people in my city have no idea that in the northern part of Montreal island, there were munitions plants, or that there's a tiny village sandwiched between a highway and an expressway? I love travel, but I love finding out things about my city.

Also enjoy drawing, but haven't been active in recent months. Was serious about becoming a graphic designer at some point, but I didn't have the drive. Since then, my interest has declined, but I get little spurts of inspiration.

Finally, I have a flickr account in which I discuss various records I have, and the stories behind how I find them. You can check it out here http://www.flickr.com/photos/pugography/

Probably a lot of other shit I like to do, but can't remember it now...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Good topic. I don't do a hell of a lot right now, but I like to go exploring as well, it's a nice change from the norm. Going to the gym is awesome too, it's a nice release from the daily grind. If anything, the main thing I enjoy doing is just getting out, period!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
@Pug - My father use to do the exact same thing, down to discovering the history of the things that he shot. I think thats a very interesting past time, maybe one day I will pick up where he left off. There's an addiction to researching that runs in my family, I just don't have the time that I would like to spend on it but one day, hopefully, I will.

@Fade - Thats another thing that I've been slipping on lately. I use to take out my frustrations while bench pressing. That was even better than having a workout partner. I'm in pretty good shape but I can tell that I haven't been in the gym like I need to.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
What you just stated, is what I do...period. I do occasionally go out with wifey either to dinner/movie/bar... I try to do some reading sites and things online...I like to keep myself stimulated mentally as well..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
So what do you guys do when not doing the usuals like work, rest, making beats or playing a game system? Usually I pack the family and we go for a ride. Ft. Bragg is not really a tourist attraction but downtown Fayetteville has a few good things to offer. Every 4th Friday, they block off the streets downtown and vendors from everywhere come out and set up tables to sell homemade stuff.

A lot of them are artist that have a skill at drawing, painting or whatever. You can find some talented people down there. They usually have a mini concert featuring some of our local talent, belly dancers, karate schools demonstrating their skills, dance schools, cheerleaders and my favorite...jam sessions...

Cats come out, form a circle, break out instruments and just jam! Congo's, Bongo's, Drums, horns, guitars or whatever. Ish is pretty dope, one day I'll record it and post it up so y'all can check it out. I mean it's anybody that wants to play. I've seen kids throwing down with adults. Once I even saw this cat break out some turntables, plug up in one of the stores and just wild out on them...lol.

Very few fights, most of these people are very eclectic folks and are just looking to have a good time. This one dude brought a 185lb. dog, biggest dog I've ever seen in my life. My daughter took pictures beside it. The guy said the dog was the biggest of it's breed and held several records. I forget what it was but it was an Australian dog, white with long curly hair.

What do you cats do?

I dont leave, lol, I sit here workin or for the moment playin New Vegas..
I work sound as much as I can, or be at the mall, or in a or watching or movie.
Im just boring I guess.
Family obligations play a role.
lol, at some point Im gonna go to the spots like you talkin about.
NODA district in Charlotte is cool like that though.
Need to get down there long over do.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Usually studying something, programming, designing or drawing

Speaking on the latter I'm coming up with designs for glasses

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Eat out at really fancy restaraunts...The more uncomfortable I feel around the clientele the better! It has turned me and my wife into total food snobs...NOTHING in my house comes out of a box or a can...food tastes so much better when its food and not a food product. Its a nice little escape for me and the old lady, we got a couple of friends who arent affraid to pay for a great meal that we'll roll with sometimes...but for the most part our firends think we're nuts for buying bone in filets with carpaccio appetizers...I think thats becuase they're mad that they have to spend all their money on their kids. Lol!