Watson on Jeopardy?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
OK, I don't get it? Who the heyell can retain more info and be faster than a computer?

Now to be totally honest with you all, I don't watch the show but I'm watching it at the time I made this post and the score is Player 1 - $2000, Player 3 has $5400 and Watson (the computer) has $35,000. I don't see the logic unless Watson can't win and his only purpose is to stop the other contestants from winning as much money.

Help me out here.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Not sure what the purpose is, probably technology. Like the Deep Blue chess thing. That was a huge deal back in the day.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
No, actually Watson tied at 5000

The point is increasing Artificial Intelligence in problem solving, association and learning from patterns.

They we're showing how much Watson actually sucked before. We talked about the timing thing and it really doesn't matter since you have to wait til Alex finishes the answer anyway, plus Watson had been beaten on the timing when he had the right answer.

Tho I probably would've thrown my clicker up in the air and walked off like "I quit!" when Watson got the Daily Double on his first pick. lol

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
No, actually Watson tied at 5000

The point is increasing Artificial Intelligence in problem solving, association and learning from patterns.

They we're showing how much Watson actually sucked before. We talked about the timing thing and it really doesn't matter since you have to wait til Alex finishes the answer anyway, plus Watson had been beaten on the timing when he had the right answer.

Tho I probably would've thrown my clicker up in the air and walked off like "I quit!" when Watson got the Daily Double on his first pick. lol

Tied at 5000? I must be either a day ahead or a day behind of you here. At the end of the game that I saw yesterday...Player 1 ended with $4200, Player 3 had about $9000 or $10,000 and Watson had $31,000+, (he missed final jeopardy, but he only bet $940...hahaha, what a perfect ending to a game that he answered about 95% of the questions correctly...) and the kicker was... BOTH of the "humans" got the answer right! LMAO

It would seem that "whoever" could figure out a much more effective way of demonstrating Watsons ability to problem solve. Lol, maybe they should ask Watson, and I bet his answer won't be "play jeopardy".

There's got to be more to this, take google for example, when you start searching for something, google is already showing possible answers before you even finish typing whatever you're searching for. Now we both know thats not A.I., but in that same breath, what if google could "predict" and analyze what you're searching for based on previous searches...that would be A.I. at light speed.

I'm not debating what you're saying... I just don't get the meaning of the test.