Voice Tags: waste of time?

Cloudchamber

ill o.g.
I've noticed that almost everyone here uses voice tags on their beats to "protect" them. My question is: what do you "voice taggers" expect from your tags? Is it the new "poor man's copyright?" Personally, I don't use them, because I think they:

1. Detract from the music in a seriously annoying way
2. Can easily be chopped out
3. Don't prevent someone from simply "covering" your tune.

It seems to me that the only person who would straight up JACK your mp3s would be some kid who doesn't have the resources to make their own. Think about it, if they're so lazy/stupid that they can't figure out how make a beat (even with fruityloops), how are they going to make a single dollar using a stolen mp3?? Even if they do make a gajillion dollars, its easy for you to prove that you made it first-right?

On the other hand, if somebody formidable (major label artist) wants to jack your shit, lets be realistic, they won't track your mp3 in protools. Instead, they'll go to their own producer and tell him to cover it. This way, even if you registered the copyright, there's NOTHING you can do.

What do you think?

Matt

ill o.g.
Everyone has their preference. Its really one of the only ways to protect your music online. If done properly, there is really no way around it. You can chop, you can try to filter it. If the track is voice tagged, its a track that is intended to be sold. Yes, some cats online are lazy. They wont take the time to learn the skill of beatmaking. I just say let em take it. I can prove my case, plus I can make something hotter. Major cats steal just like, newbies do. They might not you your whole beat, but they'll take the concept. Shit, Swizz Beats stole a preset beat right off a Roland Keyboard. Remember that track "Do yall niggs, bust ya gunz? Stole it, he's big time. Cats running out of ideas.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
u just have to make a tag that isnt annoying... this cat used one of my beats on his mixtape WITH my tag on it .... he musta thought it sounded cool or something... the song came out pretty tight and evrybody who hears it thinks that is just the way the song is....

http://www.neblinarecords.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=34

track 7

in the background through the whole song im actually sayin "BEATS BY ASH HOLMZ" lmao ... but the effects i put on my voice made it sound cool

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Cloudchamber said:
On the other hand, if somebody formidable (major label artist) wants to jack your shit, lets be realistic, they won't track your mp3 in protools. Instead, they'll go to their own producer and tell him to cover it. This way, even if you registered the copyright, there's NOTHING you can do.

What do you think?

Matt

i won't even get into how many times that has happened.. Some were caught like B2k's producer Bit a hispanic Producer that went by the name Presto back in 2000-2002 Shit was a hit Single.. Dude Sued .. Motown wanted to Sign him he said fuck it.. all he wanted my His $ and he stopped posting his shit online..

i can go on with Countless others

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Putting your beats on the internet is worthless anyways.. I make more money meeting people... Get out your basement and goto the mall and get 3 numbers, you'll have a lot more luck.

BTW - I got my ish on Soundclick and my own site, so I'm not hatin on the scene, but it IS worthless.

-Donovan

P.S. ~ I don't tag my stuff, if someone steals it, they steal it... That's threat of putting it online.

You can have a tag go throughout the entire song, but like you said that's eff'n annoying.

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
yea im not putting anything worth anything on the net anymore to many schiesty niggaz out there snatchin ish

members online