Traxxpad for the PSP!!!!

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
ok... let tha hating begin!!!! this is crazy, now i can rock at the job without luggin the RS. bye bye PSP Rhythm 7.1... step yo game up.

http://www.traxxpad.com/

Traxxpad is composed of four basic modes: R.T.I.S.T. (Real-Time Interactive Sequencing Technology, i.e. where you create the beats), MeLOD (the melody maker), MyXxer (for live sequence triggering) and S.T.A.C. (Studio Through A Console, for assembling full songs). We were initially skeptical about what a PSP could accomplish compared to music hardware and digital workstations with comparable features, but after several hours of cranking out studio-quality tracks, we walked away impressed.

Traxxpad also sounds amazing. With our iPod in-ear headphones, Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pros, and the "auxiliary in" of an aftermarket car sound system, the highs were clean, the mids full, and the lows booming. Each of the hundreds of included samples may not be perfectly clean, but the overall sound quality is solid given the breadth and range of included sounds. Though we haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, you can also record samples using an external microphone/headset and edit the raw waveforms in the Chop Shop. Audio gear doesn't come cheap, and while Traxxpad won't be a replacement for a professional workstation, for the creatively inclined (but perhaps not so monetarily endowed) or interested PSP owners, it certainly looks to be worth consideration. With the ability to export your creations directly to a memory stick (in MP3 format) and to share your beats wirelessly, Traxxpad clearly aims to turn PSP into a full-featured musical instrument. Look for it on shelves later this month.

da relic

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
this definately looks interesting. i would love to bang out some live shit while rollin around in the ride. are you gonna be able to import your own sounds? i know that mic in the psp is not gonna be good enough quality as an import device.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Shit is getting out of control....... wish I had one.

I just got sone looking up more stuff about this. I guess this is due out this June 27. Doesn't say how much. But I guess you can still take the samples from your computer ad put them on a memory card and then use the PSP.

I don't know... for pocket portability to make beats? That's crazy. I think I would buy one right now if the game was actually out but since I gotta wait until the 27th. I ain't surprised. My buddy had I think it was an MPC60 and it was like a palm pilot. So you could make beats on the go but it was weird to make beats by tapping on a screen with a stylus. So I don't know.... this might end up being more powerful than an MPC500.

Here is the link I found:

http://www.eidosinteractive.com/games/info.html?gmid=181

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Im def coppin this shit. Its perfect for plane rides and such where an mpc or mv would be too bulky, and unpluggable.

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hmm, Interesting. Ill definantly have to check it out. Ive waisted $50 on dumb games before, This cant be TOO Bad since i go on 1000+ mile trips, bi-monthly.

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ok... let tha hating begin!!!! this is crazy, now i can rock at the job without luggin the RS. bye bye PSP Rhythm 7.1... step yo game up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbQOeYqHjZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifo00qhDRuc

http://www.traxxpad.com/

Traxxpad is composed of four basic modes: R.T.I.S.T. (Real-Time Interactive Sequencing Technology, i.e. where you create the beats), MeLOD (the melody maker), MyXxer (for live sequence triggering) and S.T.A.C. (Studio Through A Console, for assembling full songs). We were initially skeptical about what a PSP could accomplish compared to music hardware and digital workstations with comparable features, but after several hours of cranking out studio-quality tracks, we walked away impressed.

Traxxpad also sounds amazing. With our iPod in-ear headphones, Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pros, and the "auxiliary in" of an aftermarket car sound system, the highs were clean, the mids full, and the lows booming. Each of the hundreds of included samples may not be perfectly clean, but the overall sound quality is solid given the breadth and range of included sounds. Though we haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, you can also record samples using an external microphone/headset and edit the raw waveforms in the Chop Shop. Audio gear doesn't come cheap, and while Traxxpad won't be a replacement for a professional workstation, for the creatively inclined (but perhaps not so monetarily endowed) or interested PSP owners, it certainly looks to be worth consideration. With the ability to export your creations directly to a memory stick (in MP3 format) and to share your beats wirelessly, Traxxpad clearly aims to turn PSP into a full-featured musical instrument. Look for it on shelves later this month.

da relic

I like the fact that they used our local Bay Area producer,Traxxamillion,to promote it :)
His known out here for making the beat for "Super Hyphy" for Keak Da Sneak which put the Bay Area back on the map for a minute in 2005.

members online