Time Signatures

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Ok im starting to get used to this whole sampling thing, but recently i came across a problem i couldnt solve myself. So i thought i could share it on the team. Almost every rap beat on the planet is on 4/4 time signature. But there are a lot of samples that are in other time signatures. For example, i came across a traditional greek song that was on a 6/9 time signature that i wanted to chop. So how do i treat this sample? How do i chop it? How do i time stretch it?

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Definitely no pro at sampling, only started using samples recently... But the great thing about sampling, is you can chop the sample however you want, and then replay the sample however you want. So it "shouldn't" be too hard to chop a sample thats in a different time signature and then replay it in 4/4 (I know this is easier said than done lol). I came across this the other day that might help...

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Definitely no pro at sampling, only started using samples recently... But the great thing about sampling, is you can chop the sample however you want, and then replay the sample however you want. So it "shouldn't" be too hard to chop a sample thats in a different time signature and then replay it in 4/4 (I know this is easier said than done lol). I came across this the other day that might help...

Thnx man. that actually helped a lot. I will try to expirement with this ;)

members online