Timberland Style

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
This person asked me today if I could make them a Timberland style song and i said that i would have a go. I was just wondering if anybody had any tips on make a timberland style track like what tempo and what samples etc.

Cheers

C

Copenhagen

E.g. 808 Snares, Arabian or World Music samples are typical Timberland trademarks...but why would you want to make his style, and not your style?

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
listen to bubba sparks lp.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Just find an annoying sound and over use it. then pretty soon you and everyone else including myself will be nodding our heads to it.

"THE OZ"

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Timberland's style is very complex man. You can try to make something like him but it wont come out like a Timberland track would. You wanna use very out of the ordinary sounds. Uplifting synths, Ehtnic drums and samples all that good stuff.. Good Luck, put it in the showcase when your done. I'd like to hear how it came out.. HOLLA!!

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
yeah ill put it on there as soon as i finish it

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
sorry for being a hard ass ,but spell tha mans name rite ...."Timbaland" ....sorry i have a pet peev about his name being spelt wrong...kinda of a insane fan i guess

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
try makin alot of noises wit ur mouth and sampling it.he does dat alot but he tweaks and filters the shit alot but if u can listen closely alot of his shit is done wit his mouth.and stock up on alot of mediterranean and arabian type instruments,dats ur best bet meng ....HOLLA AT YA BOY

ChaseCashe

ill o.g.
I could show you how to make a Timbo beat easily.

If you know how to use the appregiator and use dirty drums...you're straight.

Modernbeats.com has a Timbo sample cd you can cop also

A

ACEBEATZ

To make timbaland style beats, use big bass drum with a lot of shakers and percussions from all styles, but some that are tight and snappy. A dry snare without reverb most of the time and a upright bass instead of bottom (since you use a bottom bass drum already).Try to make a beat at 120-130 bpm but double the space for snares to still be slow enough but you will have a shit room to build fast hi-hat and stuff sequences.

Holla Ace

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
Cheers peeps, i know i should make my own style but the person who asked me is my mate and he jus wants it to freestyle to. He aint buying it or anything.

members online