Those of you that play live...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I rap, very seldom, in DC, will you see more than 10min. Several times, Ive done a hour and everyone vibed out nice, my voice just got raspy. But after an hour most people here are WAY ready to hear something else(Namely GoGo lol). I think, having someone to split things up with that you have musical chemistry with makes for a dope collective few hours of comfy music.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
An hour and a half is a loooooooooooong time...25 minutes is perfect for a band but since it takes 30 minutes to set up guys usually wanna play for 30+...it really all depends on the vibe of the venue...if the people are having a good time and dancing then no need to stop...ever, but if people look fatigued, not interested, and keep going outsde and congregating further and further away from the stage, then its prolly time to simmer down and let everyone figure out who they re going home with...

All that goes out the window though if the owner is paying you to play a set amount of time though.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
We have been booked for 3 hour slots before ugh. Also we can set up in under 15 minutes. The good news is that we have never played a show where the audience didn't flip the fuck out. And the more we play the crazier it gets, Ivory Hill really has something going for it in that respect, so many people can relate to it. Man 25 minutes it nothing!