This Means Waw

The drums aren't really hip hop drums, sound like pop drums from the 80's. Consider adding something to play off of that main sample. The scratches are a good touch, but try lining them up with the awe sample, so it sounds like its the awe sample being scratched, may or may not work, probably wont, but is worth a try IMO.
I think the most import thing is to replace those drum sounds.

Jimulacrum

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 8
The drums aren't really hip hop drums, sound like pop drums from the 80's. Consider adding something to play off of that main sample. The scratches are a good touch, but try lining them up with the awe sample, so it sounds like its the awe sample being scratched, may or may not work, probably wont, but is worth a try IMO.
I think the most import thing is to replace those drum sounds.
Thank you.

I definitely tried out some new and interesting drums when I made this. I like the alternating hats but have mixed feelings about the kick and snare.

Also realized I need more scratch sounds. My kit just has two right now. This one's okay for now but I want more.

Thank you.

I definitely tried out some new and interesting drums when I made this. I like the alternating hats but have mixed feelings about the kick and snare.

Also realized I need more scratch sounds. My kit just has two right now. This one's okay for now but I want more.
1 turntable, serato, and Qberts "Do It Yourself Scratch" lessons, and a few weeks of practice and you can have all the scratches you want

Jimulacrum

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 8
That "little extra twist" was exactly what I meant. Thats how it should be.
You can be a little more forgiving with the hats, but hip hop kick and snare selection is pretty important. Also scrap that open hat, its just reminded me that open hat selection is pretty important too lol
Damn, you didn't like my open hat. I kinda liked that one. :cry:

Oh well, maybe for another project