Things I miss about hip-hop (non-production/mc related)

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
No backup dancers / side kicks

I could go on, but you know what I'm talking about! So what do you miss most about hip-hop besides the MC's and Producers?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Hmm, good thread.

I gotta say, fans that arent analysts, picking every little aspect apart. or loyal listeners, people that dont big you up until someone newer or shinier comes along.

I miss regular people enthusiastic about listening to music.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I miss everything that you just said, plus:

1. Story-telling:

2. Political:

3. An actual MC-DJ duo:

4. Gangsta/West Coast:

5. Real MC's:

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I miss the whole "state of mind" regarding hip hop back in the early days. I mean there were struggles and tough times but people weren't near as selfish and self gratifying as they are today. Everybody needed and helped others as best they could. Nowadays, you out there all on your own. Now it's all about "survival of the fittest".

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i miss the days when it was about skills and being dope.

I miss the whole "state of mind" regarding hip hop back in the early days. I mean there were struggles and tough times but people weren't near as selfish and self gratifying as they are today. Everybody needed and helped others as best they could. Nowadays, you out there all on your own. Now it's all about "survival of the fittest".
think the 90s were a time of hope. don't know what it's now.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I miss what hip hop was founded on....FUN!

this shit came with a warning label that the record label was not responsible for damage to your system...lol

shit got real super lyrical for a while....that was awesome...but you gotta balance it out with some fun with ze bitches maaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn!