The Scheme Of This Project

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
The purpose of this project and its main goal:

I wanted to design a project that would take all the aspects of our site and design a commercially acceptable album from members here at Illmuzik.com. The site has tons of resources that can be utilized to accomplish this and I think this will create a prime example of how to do it.

As the project proceeds and new things are discovered this will help us generate new threads and topics on the many problems that may occur while developing an album.

Why is this a selective project for who can be in the album?

This is like all projects in the business. I have a vision and I want to fulfill it. It has nothing to do with skills at this point. This is mainly focused on the type of sound I want to create for the album as a whole. There will be many members who will not be apart of this album because I don’t want to clutter the project with too many hands.

When should we expect to see the ball rolling on this project?

Very soon I hope. I have been dealing with financial issues at the moment and have been taking a hiatus from music altogether. This will be my comeback into the music scene to actually make something respectable enough to share with the community.

I hope this will give you some leeway on what’s to come. I will explain in more detail the total concept and how we can make this come together.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Sorry for the lack of contact about the project. My computer was down for a while with a virus. Finally have it back up and should be posting the download with the tracks for the overall feel for the album. I will include a quick description text with it to explain my view of that particular song and what I want to pull from it for our project.

For the vocal contributors I will be contacting you individually about the plot and story for the album just so you can begin to jot down some thoughts for the tracks.

Thanks for hanging tight!

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
How we are going to make this work together as a team:

How we are going to make this work together as a team:

Illmuzik has been around since 2000 and is a key marketing tool to get this album higher search hits then creating a new site or being drowned by other peoples music on Myspace Soundclick etc... This will help us get the album into circulation to create and maintain a buzz.

This is not the only source of marketing we want to rely on though. Every one of you must in some way shape or form help promote the album as much as possible. Obviously we can’t promote the actual songs until they are in tangible form, but the idea of the album can still create the buzz of what’s to come.

Because I want this album to generate a revenue and provide each and everyone of you a opportunity to be noticed for your talents we will need to focus on making sure that nothing will come back to us in legal dues….meaning if you are a sampler “Chop that ish up!” We do not possess the money to fight being sued so let’s avoid it at all costs.

Within the week I will be submitting a link with songs I have gathered together that contain the vibe/sound/feel that I want this album to posses. I do not see this as a project of just showing musical talents. I want this album to provide a feeling that can grasp the listener by the eardrums and leave a mark.

Quality is going to be key to this project and I will only expect the best from you.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Sounds like a plan Al - I didnt know u were tryin to make money off this though, that kinda adds a entirely new dynamic to the picture which will most likely convolute things quite a bit considering how many hands are contributing to this. Everybodies gonna want their deserved share of the profits and I predict that depending on how thats all handled will bother a good deal of folks. Just something to keep in mind.

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
Sounds like a plan Al - I didnt know u were tryin to make money off this though, that kinda adds a entirely new dynamic to the picture which will most likely convolute things quite a bit considering how many hands are contributing to this. Everybodies gonna want their deserved share of the profits and I predict that depending on how thats all handled will bother a good deal of folks. Just something to keep in mind.

personally, I'm cool with whatever, if this works like it could, money will come one way or the other. i think as ill fam and adults this should work out fine.Now gimmie some work!...lmao

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.

All things are being taken into consideration at this point. Thanks for the input though.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to touch base and see if everyone had a chance to download the tracks.

I am still trying to collect contact information from some of you to keep in touch. The PM system here is hectic for such a big group so this is the most efficient method of contact at this time.

If you did have a chance to listen to the tracks and have a beat or something that you feel would contribute to the project by all means send it my way.

I will be in touch later this week with some updates. Stay in touch.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
u all ready know

do to minor set back with my external hard driving smashing on the floor from theses pet cats im still hear for u fam!!! what ever u need to excel this project im all hands to help out!! rest of sure im in grind mode!
lets get this project jumping!!
much respect always!