The Murder Capital of New York...Newburgh

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Came across this article yesterday from New York Mag.....

I lived here from around 8th grade until I came to florida a 6 years ago...

Nomics from Da Illfellaz is also from Newburgh.....

This is a prime example of how gangs and crime can literally destroy a city...

They brought the FBI in to help with the crime, that's how bad it is...

It's a great read...but a sad story.

http://nymag.com/news/crimelaw/newburgh-2011-10/

A great read....and you see how a struggling economy is a breeding ground for crime.......

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
This copy cat gang shit is the worse thing to happen to the ghetto since crack. I swear I want to break hands when I see piss on's throwing up that shit like it gives them cool points! We have a world full of followers and very few leaders....and those who lead do so in a negative way. Not going to jail and not doing negative shhh makes U a square these days. Even the good kids break under the pressure....SAD

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
There is a good point made in the article....NY got rid of a lot of it's crime, but it seems that all it did was sweep it away from the city...

When I went away to college, I started noticing a lot of the MS13 gang activity in the area......they broke into one of the school bus lots and tagged up all the buses. You started seeing it around a lot.....You're right....the kids do not stand a chance out there....There's literally blocks that you drive past, and the entire row of homes are boarded up and abandoned....They shut down two clubs and never reopened them due to the amount of violence....

Combine all this going on with a city nearly going broke, and you have an epidemic. The city is planning to lay off 15 cops....that's ridiculous. Cities like this and Poughkeepsie are becoming war zones, not places to live.....There are no jobs there....so how are these people are going to make money? If you don't give the people the opportunity to better their financial situation, they will resort to other things.....

It saddened me to read that, I have so many fond memories out there.... I do hope the gov't comes out and cleans that city up as well as Poughkeepsie....just think...they had one of the best rated high schools in the country with one of the best graduation rates, I could only imagine now.....