the most underrated producer

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
gotta be El-P for sure

has produced for all of the big names in underground hip hop such as Cage, Cannibal Ox, Aesop Rock, Mr. Lif, Murs, etc

he pretty much has a patent on the sci-fi/apocalyptic sound

as a rapper he doesn't have the best flow in the world but his lyrics are pretty damn good

check out this kick ass video from his solo debut from like 6 years ago:

"Deep Space 9mm"

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
as a rapper he doesn't have the best flow in the world but his lyrics are pretty damn good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJFq6VjHJI

actually Funcrusher was one of the dopest lyrical albums. But I agree, after that album he became much more abstract.. el is dope

AlbumCovers-Emerson,Lake&Palmer-BrainSaladSurgery(1973).jpg

ill o.g.
it took me a long time to get into his latest LP 'I'll Sleep When You're Dead'

at first it sounded like a lot of noise..but after time it all the layers revealed themsevles to me

at the moment my favorite song has to be the overly dramatic truth..it is fucking intense

here is a pretty dope live version of it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOOn1Gi2-Gs&feature=related"]YouTube - EL-P The Overly Dramatic Truth[/ame]

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I would have to go with Mike Dean.

I think Mike Dean gets down too. Read an article not too long ago with Scarface and he said basically that Mike Dean can't produce for nothing (said he was a dope engineer). Apparently, he's attached his name onto a lot of tracks that other producers have actually made, Face himself being one of them. But then again, isn't that how it usually goes?

ill o.g.
^^^^^^ i dunno about that .. mike dean was largely responsible for kanye "graduation' album .. did alot of the instrumentation. if he wasnt worth his weight i dont think that major artists would fuc with him.

interesting. the production is the only thing i like about kanye's music. can't stand him as a rapper

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
^^^^cosign....except for stresswon. LMAO!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Id have to say ANT but I guess he is getting growing respect constantly so I dont know if he counts then???....I still say ANT tho because hes still on the come up.

But for someone older thats been in the game for a while id have to say Lord Jamar.

members online

No members online now.