ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
TL:DR...

Touring is leaving artists in debt. Successful touring artists are on welfare and homeless/sofa surfing or renting out their rooms.

That's sad but I'm not surprised. Like it was mentioned in the article about the artist having to fork over the money for all the people helping out on the tour, it's expected since the cost of everything has gone up.

It really is too bad because when I think back to the 90's with all the small venues I would go to, it was great having those spots because plenty of artists both local and abroad would perform. Now I don't see any of those venues anymore so that leaves a big gap between the small and big artists.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
That's sad but I'm not surprised. Like it was mentioned in the article about the artist having to fork over the money for all the people helping out on the tour, it's expected since the cost of everything has gone up.

It really is too bad because when I think back to the 90's with all the small venues I would go to, it was great having those spots because plenty of artists both local and abroad would perform. Now I don't see any of those venues anymore so that leaves a big gap between the small and big artists.
Catch 22 too right...

Who wants to go see a performance they'll just watch the reels and tiktoks of it after...

Wanna be slick and be like "ill be an artist who you can only see my shit in person" cool but...
- everyone else gonna tiktok it
- you kind of need the vids for promo

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Catch 22 too right...

Who wants to go see a performance they'll just watch the reels and tiktoks of it after...

Wanna be slick and be like "ill be an artist who you can only see my shit in person" cool but...
- everyone else gonna tiktok it
- you kind of need the vids for promo
I just saw something about that the other day and how there's so many people not only recording the live concert right in front of them (and watching it through their phone), but they're also recording themselves singing along. So they're using the concert as a way to make it about them. Ridiculous.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I just saw something about that the other day and how there's so many people not only recording the live concert right in front of them (and watching it through their phone), but they're also recording themselves singing along. So they're using the concert as a way to make it about them. Ridiculous.
One thing I despise about this generation

"Content creator" has ruined society. Dweeby diclheads get attention so that's what everyone aspires to be.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
One thing I despise about this generation

"Content creator" has ruined society. Dweeby diclheads get attention so that's what everyone aspires to be.
"WASSUP EVERYONE I'M SUPER EXCITED TO SHOW YOU MY NEW MPC BUT FIRST I HAVE TO TALK ABOUT THE DOWNSIDES OF HAVING A COCK RING."