Stem Cell Transplant Cures HIV In 'Berlin Patient'

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i like where this is headed... unfortunately, the leaders (not all, mind u) in the USA tend to drag their feet on these issues.. also, HIV and cancer are cash cows that no one wants to relinquish...throw in the fact that the world is over populated, and u quickly realize, a loved one will die b4 this is approved... the only option one has, is to travel overseas, and pay the 10s of thousands of dollars, like alot of americans have been doin lately... but if u love someone, what are u supposed to do?

da relic

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
not to change the subject but overpopulation is a myth! It is easily disproved. But I agree on the rest of what you said!
i dunno, i think humans are supposed to be 8 billion strong... and the land we live on is bein swallowed into the sea... only insects outnumber us at this point.

the fake Rel avatar is killin me! :-/

da real

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I've already lost a loved one to AIDS, and I think that if this is a cure for AIDS, that the beautiful continent of Africa could come together and become developed nations, not just by industry, but by the people. That won't happen, though....

There's way too much money to be made in lab-formed diseases..AIDS doesn't just come out of nowhere. I believe cancer could have due to the processed bullshit we consume....But AIDS? No way.

Billions, if not trillions were/are made on AIDS patients. This will never get FDA approval, and if by some miracle (and i mean it in the most miraculous way), it is...insurance companies will find a way to not include it in their coverage and it would be way too expensive for the average Joe to afford, and the availability would be severely limited.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
i dunno, i think humans are supposed to be 8 billion strong... and the land we live on is bein swallowed into the sea... only insects outnumber us at this point.

the fake Rel avatar is killin me! :-/

da real

You know whats even more f'd up is thats a chick!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Apparently this particular instance is extremely unique, the donor was compatible and had the inherited gene that blocks HIV from being contracted..

But it's a huge step forward, hopefully they can build on this.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
i doubt that they will look into this too deeply. there is way too much money in treating the symptoms than there is in curing it.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
i doubt that they will look into this too deeply. there is way too much money in treating the symptoms than there is in curing it.

Oh most definitely....

But there are labs that want a cure, because they would get $$$ for that, as well.