Stayin'Alive Hip-Hop Remix

Phenri

Master Beater
For my first remix, I decided to go with a classic disco favorite by the Bee Gees. I hope you enjoy.

Starts well but the bass and beat are off key to the vocals as well as overpowering the vocals. Potential and chopped up well but it doesn’t all sit right. Check the key of the vocals match with everything else especially that bass

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
The mix is really all over the place on this one. I don't want to be harsh, but right from the get go its not enjoyable. The claps in the beginning stick out like a sore thumb, especially when they're taken away immediately. Then they're brought back and sit better in the mix, but almost immediately after, when you add the "Hah, Hah" chop it goes back to being way too loud in the mix. Leads me to believe they're part of the sample that you couldn't get rid of and every time you add a new segment of the original track it layers onto itself with a different EQ and it puts the snare all over the place in volume and tone. Also, in that part, something sounds off about the vocal chop. To me it sounds like you were throwing effects at it at random and hoping it sticks. Sometimes less is more. For the most part in the beginning the vocals are in a pleasing frequency range, but this one isn't for sure.

Now with the bass drop, The snare fits better into the mix here, but the bassline is off key for sure. A quick google search tells me the original song is in G# major, and it doesn't sound like you've changed key. It's hard to critique this one without at least that being fixed, because its a glaring issue that keeps me from being able to point out anything else and it really needs to be addressed before I can accurately critique the rest of the beat.

Keep workin on it though man. Its hard to get it right, but once you start to figure things out it becomes a lot easier to figure out what to do. Keep creating music, thats the only way to figure it out.

Phenri

Master Beater
Thanks, guys. I'll be honest; I rushed this one, just to get something out. I'm gonna have to stop doing that, and spend a little bit more time actually paying attention to what I'm doing.

members online